Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > Wanted to Buy

Old 09-12-2020, 07:30 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1980 Mastercraft Stars and Strips
351w motor

Looking for a 351w standard rotation. engine only no tranny.I can be reached at 330 509 2767. I have an 81 stars and stripes power slot and the motor is not well I'm liking to replace it . Also I'm open for other suggestions if anybody has one thank you.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Mastercraft Platinum Prostar 190
In terms of the motor, you can buy an automotive motor used and swap over all of the marine parts. Internally, the head gaskets and the frost plugs are all that need to be switched to marine from automotive, then externally it'll be the carb, distributor, exhaust and alternator which presumably you already have from your original motor set up.

Someone jump in if i've missed any parts that need to be switched to marine, its been a couple years since I rebuilt mine from an automotive block
Old 09-14-2020, 03:58 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strreamline View Post
In terms of the motor, you can buy an automotive motor used and swap over all of the marine parts. Internally, the head gaskets and the frost plugs are all that need to be switched to marine from automotive, then externally it'll be the carb, distributor, exhaust and alternator which presumably you already have from your original motor set up.

Someone jump in if i've missed any parts that need to be switched to marine, its been a couple years since I rebuilt mine from an automotive block
Marine rated starter.

2 Peter 1:38
Old 09-14-2020, 04:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2017 XT23, previous was 2004 XSTAR, first was a prostar 190
The old engine is not worth rebuilding?

2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash
Old 09-15-2020, 08:04 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1980 Mastercraft Stars and Strips
Thank you all for your input I greatly appreciate it. I found one out of a 93 so thank you all again. If you have a chance take a look at my album I have a 1980 that I completely re stored from ground up. thank you.

Also is someone could help me I have some things I wanna sell but I can't seem to get any photos inthe post. if somebody can help me it would be great. I can be reached at the above phone number. I have lots of things to sell I'm sure everybody will be interested.