Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 09-15-2020, 05:41 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 MasterCraft X30
Raw Water Pump - MCX Engine

Last weekend my engine had a squeal at start-up, and after looking around, the raw water pump had a pretty fast drip. I've looked everywhere in Team Talk, thinking there has to be a good thread on how to to replace it (DIY), but I sure can't find it if it exists. Any tips on what to look for or how to make the job easier? Also, does anybody have a part number for the pump? Google pulls up a Johnson pump at MarinePumpDirect for $142 and a $349 model at WaterSkis.com. I like $142 much better than $350! Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks
Old 09-15-2020, 05:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 centurion falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCUMasterCraft View Post
Last weekend my engine had a squeal at start-up, and after looking around, the raw water pump had a pretty fast drip. I've looked everywhere in Team Talk, thinking there has to be a good thread on how to to replace it (DIY), but I sure can't find it if it exists. Any tips on what to look for or how to make the job easier? Also, does anybody have a part number for the pump? Google pulls up a Johnson pump at MarinePumpDirect for $142 and a $349 model at WaterSkis.com. I like $142 much better than $350! Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks
I just purchased a pump from marine pump direct , very good customer service, the parts guy was extremely knowledgeable and the pump is the same thing top quality.. 10/10 would reccomend MarinePumpDirect. And for $142.00 the peace of mind of a new pump and the ease of just bolting it on is well worth it in my opinion.

Goodluck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2020, 11:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 X2
RWP is easy to replace. On my 05 X2 I take it off each time I winterize because that is easier than trying to take the impeller out while the unit is on the engine. (Little clearance between the pump and the muffler.) Pull off the inlet and outlet hoses. There are just 3 Allen head bolts into the crank pulley and one bolt on the support arm. Voila. 10 minutes max. Then I remove the impeller with the pump on the bench.