Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 09-04-2019, 09:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 88' Prostar 190, 91' Prostar 190 (GT40), 93' Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
Speed this up!
lol wish I could but that's about as fast as I can pay off a 15 montage on our house.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
Far easier to maneuver a SA trailer, and if trailer is maintained and tires are not over 5 years, and the boat is on the lighter side, (3500 lbs or so) I'm not too worried about a blowout. I've towed numerous 1K mile trips with SA's. The torsion spring setup on these tandem trailers is believed by some to be the cause of tire stress and subsequent blowouts. I have an XT22 now, no way I'd want a SA trailer for it.

I think a tandem is easier to back up than a single, backs up way straighter and easier than the single axle I had on my 190. I compared it to my 12' clam shell sled trailer vs the 30' tandem sled trailer I bought last winter.... way easier to back in and out of driveway than that clam shell.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Boat: XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsnow View Post
I think a tandem is easier to back up than a single, backs up way straighter and easier than the single axle I had on my 190. I compared it to my 12' clam shell sled trailer vs the 30' tandem sled trailer I bought last winter.... way easier to back in and out of driveway than that clam shell.
Yes, easier to back up straight. Not easier to maneuver around. I have a single overhead door and want to stuff the trailer tight to the wall after I back in. The SA is much easier to do that with. And the length of the trailer from tow point to axle makes a huge difference. Try backing up a lawn tractor trailer straight. Similar to your clamshell/ 30' sled trailer analogy.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:57 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: None
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
This is the reason I also prefer a single axle trailer. My reverse skills are good regardless of SA or DA. I need the ease of maneuvering the trailer once in the garage. I also like to shuck the boat to one side of the garage. Leaves me more room during the winter months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
Yes, easier to back up straight. Not easier to maneuver around. I have a single overhead door and want to stuff the trailer tight to the wall after I back in. The SA is much easier to do that with. And the length of the trailer from tow point to axle makes a huge difference. Try backing up a lawn tractor trailer straight. Similar to your clamshell/ 30' sled trailer analogy.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:54 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 PS 205-351w,285HO
Quote:
lol wish I could but that's about as fast as I can pay off a 15 montage on our house.
I'm sorta in the same boat
I have a '92 205, excellent condition I'm the 2nd owner. Added a ND Mini tower and some other stuff. We mostly ski, a little wake boarding and almost no surfing so the boat meets our needs for water sports. Kid at the marina last week asked me what year model it was, I told him to guess.....he said 2011.
Like a lot of other posters here, I wouldn't feel comfortable going over 2yrs financing a toy that is only usable a few months a year. I paid cash for my 205 and took a chunk of cash that would have equaled a down payment on a new MC and purchased a lake front condo. It had a strong rental history which helps keep mortgage costs low, we write off certain expenses which helps with our taxes. We get to use it as well, and most of all it's an appreciating asset. A friend of mine just purchased a lake house, he's going to paint and make some other upgrades and put it on AirBnB...rent it for a couple of years until he pays off his home, then move into it and rent his home. His boat is a 10yr old SeaRay I/O. Long story, there are lots of ways to get a lake house but maybe not a lake house and new(er) MC
Old 09-07-2019, 08:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Welp pretty sure decision to keep is made, finish sounds upgrade, amps , put my tower speakers on, find some aftermarket swivel board racks, new bigair collapsible Bimini top, finish trailer with new step pads, upgrade carb, and maybe replace carpet with Decadence....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2019, 02:50 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1990 ProStar 190
Quote:
, upgrade carb,
?????
Old 09-08-2019, 06:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote: