Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 08-03-2019, 04:13 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft NXT22 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipsch View Post
No, DSP profile loading is to be done by the dealer only. If reloading the profile doesn't correct it, they'll need to do further troubleshooting of all components (head unit, DSP, amp, wiring, speakers, etc.).

One other thing to check is to perform a factory reset of the head unit. It's the last part following the three software updates to add the zone control functionality. If this was skipped it can lead to abnormal behavior.

Perform system reset:
a. Press and hold the SETTINGS button to bring up the system menu.
b. Rotate the dial one click counter-clockwise until “RESET TO DEFAULTS (ENTER)” is shown, then press the ENTER button.

If you are able, you can also double check that the new Y-cable is installed correctly. There is a specific orientation - one connector is labeled "CONNECT TO KMC1DSP JDAB". If the connections are flipped, it may also cause abnormal behavior.

What model phone are you using? Is it also there using another? Can you put the same songs on a USB drive and see if it's also there (if you're using MP3 files originally)? What about FM mode?

Can you give me a few examples of the specific songs and what their source is (local MP3 on phone, streaming from audio service like Pandora, SiriusXM, YouTube, etc.)?

Thank you,

I will be back to the boat tomorrow and will check the Y connector and do the factory reset. When i picked my boat up after the dealer updated the zone control it sounded great possibly louder. I've noticed not only does it crackle but it does not sound as loud. Especially the Subwoofer.

I'm using an Iphone XR and streaming music through itunes. I will report back with the songs and my findings after tomorrow hopefully your suggestions will help.

I have seen talks about another DSP update for advanced audio 2018 and up may be out. is this available yet? What does the update contain?

Cheers - Steve
Old 08-03-2019, 04:17 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Dear Mr Klipsch,

Why does it burn when I pee?

Kind regards,
CantRepeat
Old 08-07-2019, 08:33 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2020 XStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown2 View Post
Sorry if this has been answered but getting an xt25 with the dual screen premium audio and it has 2 S80 cans on it... I would like to have the dealer add two cans? They are saying the DSP is programmed for 2 and could not be programmed for 4 ; in addition they are saying the additional s80s will not fit on the tower next to the existing S80’s ... these answers sounds like ignorance to me... looks like there is enough room and from a dsp perspective seems the amp is the one that needs to support 2 more channels and the same crosssover settings as tbe existing towers? Klipsch?

1-The additional S80s will definitely fit, and wiring is already there.
2-You will have to add the Klipsch 4 channel amp (plug and play).

Easy peasy. Your dealer needs to educate themselves.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:32 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2004 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
1-The additional S80s will definitely fit, and wiring is already there.
2-You will have to add the Klipsch 4 channel amp (plug and play).

Easy peasy. Your dealer needs to educate themselves.
That is what I thought ... but would to like hear anyone that has actually ordered this from a MC dealer...ie: two additional S80’s.. to make a total of 4... I have not even seen a boat with 4 cans... I have seen the pods which are different ... I think our boat already has the 5 or 8 channel amp since it has the dual dash dual sub setup.. dealer is saying u need cans, dsp update and possible another amp and they won’t know the specifics for a couple weeks ... that is is becoming a 2020 option.... that is what MC is saying ... such the reason I asked Klipsch which the fact that Klipsch has not answered this question makes me think the addition is not as simple as it seems.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:45 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2018 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown2 View Post
That is what I thought ... but would to like hear anyone that has actually ordered this from a MC dealer...ie: two additional S80’s.. to make a total of 4... I have not even seen a boat with 4 cans... I have seen the pods which are different ... I think our boat already has the 5 or 8 channel amp since it has the dual dash dual sub setup.. dealer is saying u need cans, dsp update and possible another amp and they won’t know the specifics for a couple weeks ... that is is becoming a 2020 option.... that is what MC is saying ... such the reason I asked Klipsch which the fact that Klipsch has not answered this question makes me think the addition is not as simple as it seems.
You'll need 2 more S80 cans, the Klipsch 4 channel amp, harness #508006 to power the amp, harness #508503 for the speaker output side of the amp. Your DSP should already have premium audio profile A which should be fine for the extra S80s. As I understand it profile B is tuned for the 7" woofers and horn tweeters of the dual pod speakers.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:42 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, NXT22, 2018, 5500 Ilmor, GenII w/710 bags
busted speaker cone

Mr. Klipsch,

Due to a hail storm one of my tower speakers cones took an unlucky hit. Its cracked pretty bad, but amazingly sounds ok.

What are your thought of over time performance and can I send this to you for a rebuild? I'm about to go out and take pics and will post. I'm probably going to file a insurance claim due to other damage, but would like to also get 2 more tower speakers, so if I could get one rebuilt it would help on cost possibly.

Last edited by Tookeymonster; 08-19-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:18 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 NXT20
New weird Bluetooth issue, wanted to check if anyone else has had or klipsch has any input.

All the sudden while driving, music stopped bluetooth disconnected and would not reconnect, there was also some slight "popping" noise, not loud, but I could hear a bit of weird interference noise. Tried multiple phones, turning it on/off, unpairing, factory reset, nothing worked. AM/FM still worked though.

During all this another boat broke down and had to save them, so much later I finally stopped and shut the battery on/off. Then everything started working again, worked for the rest of the day fine.

Anything I should be concerned about? Short? Or just a fluke and move on.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2019 X-Star Ilmor 6000GDI RadNorth Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrouder View Post
New weird Bluetooth issue, wanted to check if anyone else has had or klipsch has any input.

All the sudden while driving, music stopped bluetooth disconnected and would not reconnect, there was also some slight "popping" noise, not loud, but I could hear a bit of weird interference noise. Tried multiple phones, turning it on/off, unpairing, factory reset, nothing worked. AM/FM still worked though.

During all this another boat broke down and had to save them, so much later I finally stopped and shut the battery on/off. Then everything started working again, worked for the rest of the day fine.

Same stuff happening in my boat as well

2019 MasterCraft X-Star
2017 MasterCraft X23
2015 MasterCraft X23
2007 MasterCraft X45
2009 Malibu WAKESETTER VLX SS
2005 MasterCraft X-Star
2004 Tige 20v
1995 MasterCraft ProStar 190
Old 08-19-2019, 08:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, NXT22, 2018, 5500 Ilmor, GenII w/710 bags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrouder View Post

Mine did it two days in a row during the 4th of July week, but the whole stereo would not work. After doing a off/on with battery switch it worked. Been back on the boat about 6 days and never had the issue again.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:25 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 NXT20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilhelmwake View Post
Same stuff happening in my boat as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookeymonster View Post
Mine did it two days in a row during the 4th of July week, but the whole stereo would not work. After doing a off/on with battery switch it worked. Been back on the boat about 6 days and never had the issue again.
Good to know I'm not the only one. Were on the boat a few times a week, so Ill post back if it becomes and reoccurring issue. Easy fix I suppose, but don't want to have it happening all the time.

Tags
aric is spelled wrong, bongiovi, dsp, klipsch, stereo