Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 12-05-2019, 10:40 AM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Didn't you get any GM Loyalty rewards with your purchase? I think I got something like 40,000 points with mine. It's not some crazy deal but it's pay for something like 4 months of On Star of an oil change. Better than what I got from Ford.
If I sign up for On Star they will give me 2 free months. So $14.99 x 2 if I give them a CC and sign up. Other then using my phone to remote start the car it's not for me.

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'
Old 12-05-2019, 10:55 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X-2
Ford sends me letters with private cash offers to buy a new new vehicle. That's what I got from Ford - please buy another one.

I get it though, MC is a low volume luxury item with high mark up. Throwing in some small gesture would go a long way. My dealer did. I'm guessing it has something to do with being a publicly traded company and sales are going strong right now, so no need.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2019, 07:41 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 XT22
By far my biggest complaint with MC. Emails are free! A couple $5 tshirts for a $150k purchase? Come on! Bought a Jeep in 2016 and received all kinds of stuff from FCA in the following months. And still do!

Yes my dealer gave us a couple towels and a bag, but it was branded with their logo, not MC. Dealer did it to promoter and brand their dealership. Smart. MC could learn from this.

The only thing we got from MC was an online survey from some vendor. Ridiculous.

At minimum, MC could send a thank you email with a coupon code for a discount on MC gear at their online store. Anything to say “hey, thanks for spending your money on our boats, we know you have great choices and it’s an honor that you chose MC”
Old 12-07-2019, 09:45 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Achilles sg124
No offense but I think your expecting to much from the buying new experience. I would be more concerned with future warranty service from my dealer than a reach around grab after I bought a new boat. Did he atleast give you a good deal on the boat? Should that not be enough?
Old 12-08-2019, 11:25 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2019 X-23, 1983 Stars and Stripes, 1991 Jump Boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwozhog View Post
No offense but I think your expecting to much from the buying new experience. I would be more concerned with future warranty service from my dealer than a reach around grab after I bought a new boat. Did he atleast give you a good deal on the boat? Should that not be enough?

The fact is is that it isn't. The point of this all was not about the dealer, NOT THE DEALER. The dealer is very important, service is important yes, yes, yes. I am speaking about the OE. These boats are getting more expensive which in its self is not the issue but companies need to maintain value proposition. This happens in a multitude of ways from product improvements, event sponsorships and so on. But moments of intimacy create emotional bonds that become harder to break. If companies of a luxury brand nature do not have a specific individual that is solely committed to "brand experience" they are missing out. This person can and should absolutely work with the dealer network to elevate and coordinate those experiences to form a seamless environment. Lets just say I work for a living in this space and see MC as a very enticing playground in which to work on this very thing. So much potential.

Last edited by duckguy; 12-09-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:31 AM

Boat: XT22
I agree that some little post purchase goodies would go a long way toward cementing the brand loyalty. Yea, it just is nice to get a $10 shirt, or a $40 boat care bucket out of the blue. But I have to believe that this didn't just slip by MC, I imagine it has been discussed. I don't know why they don't choose to pursue this.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:42 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2019 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I agree that some little post purchase goodies would go a long way toward cementing the brand loyalty. Yea, it just is nice to get a $10 shirt, or a $40 boat care bucket out of the blue. But I have to believe that this didn't just slip by MC, I imagine it has been discussed. I don't know why they don't choose to pursue this.
Yeah, the post purchase bucket was nice. Especially that tower cleaner in the spray can. Wish they’d bring that back

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2019!!!!!!

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...d.php?t=100065

2019 XT22-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 12-08-2019, 12:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: ProStar
I do no understand why this would not be something that would be standard. Any new MC purchase is not a need and the client has many other choices. The fact that they selected your brand should be an important thing you want to show appreciation for. In this day and age it is so much easier to get things branded that are good quality it seems to be such a simple win.

At the moment Yeti cups/mugs are cool and I bet they would be used by almost all users showing the brand as they do this. Or an nice umbrella which almost will be used and if good quality will stick around for a while, again showing the brand when in use. Such little things that help create a story that will get shared.

Heck even a credit to the new store where you can grab some gear YOU want would be an easy win.

MC in a lot of way in an aspirational brand, tons of people want to own one and it is a dream. When it is so simple to engage and create story this does seem like a big missed opt.

Having said that the Factory Tours are a perfect example of doing things right, I'm up in Canada but would possible consider a trip down, that says a lot and building on this with each new purchase would make sense.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:31 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP... SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
If I sign up for On Star they will give me 2 free months. So $14.99 x 2 if I give them a CC and sign up. Other then using my phone to remote start the car it's not for me.
I hear that. I'm about to cancel mine after the trial period, just don't use it.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X-2
I did a factory tour 5 or 6 years ago when my boat was getting built. MC have me some pretty good swag then.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk