Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 11-06-2019, 08:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
OK - So your profile says... "2015 NXT" Is this pick from that boat??? The pick looks liked a badly abused bow eye section, with chips, crud etc. around bow eye. If this is a 2015, not sure the issue is the R &C, however maybe a bad lay up of the Gel-Coat.

How does the boat sit in the R&C cradle after it is loaded, is it hard/tight against the cradle, or does it release a bit if you don't crank down hard on the winch strap?

When/if you power load, do you let the boat settle on the bunks, then lightly power her up for a soft touch down into the R&C? When you get home, do you release the winch tension so the boat is not cranked hard against the R&C?

Cracks, chips etc. are never fun, but not sure this is a R&C issue - I have had one for 6 years, don't see any issues like this... Marks yes, gel cracks no - Marks fixed with carpet, love the ease of use of the R&C vs a bow roller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyman989 View Post
Have you called ramp-n-clamp on this? I had one break on me and he replaced it free of charge. Also I have had mine for 5 years and no issues with the bow getting chewed up. Yes it leave Mark's but I just rub them off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2019, 06:03 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 X-15 Indmar 5.7L 350 V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyman989 View Post
Have you called ramp-n-clamp on this? I had one break on me and he replaced it free of charge. Also I have had mine for 5 years and no issues with the bow getting chewed up. Yes it leave Mark's but I just rub them off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Love mine... how hot are u loading? I put lotion on mine (grease) and wipe marks off with paper towel..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I haven't called them on this, but I've heard great things about their customer service. Considered not posting my issues with it because of that, but I'm 96% convinced on taking it off next spring either way.

I load it slow and easy, but there's always will be a windy day where I'll have to give it a little more punch. Just so happened to be one of those days. Sure as heck wish a paper towel would wipe my marks away
Old 11-07-2019, 06:29 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 X-15 Indmar 5.7L 350 V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsCraft View Post
OK - So your profile says... "2015 NXT" Is this pick from that boat??? The pick looks liked a badly abused bow eye section, with chips, crud etc. around bow eye. If this is a 2015, not sure the issue is the R &C, however maybe a bad lay up of the Gel-Coat.

How does the boat sit in the R&C cradle after it is loaded, is it hard/tight against the cradle, or does it release a bit if you don't crank down hard on the winch strap?

When/if you power load, do you let the boat settle on the bunks, then lightly power her up for a soft touch down into the R&C? When you get home, do you release the winch tension so the boat is not cranked hard against the R&C?

Cracks, chips etc. are never fun, but not sure this is a R&C issue - I have had one for 6 years, don't see any issues like this... Marks yes, gel cracks no - Marks fixed with carpet, love the ease of use of the R&C vs a bow roller...
I'm assuming you're referring to my boat in the pic. It's an 06 X15. I always baby the boat in minus a few times w/ heavy winds if I have to give it an extra punch. This might've happened on one of those days. The bow eye doesn't ever necessarily sit easy against the safety lever of the R&C. Sorry if I am misunderstanding your question. Just confused on the wording of some it. I've seen many of posts on the carpet for the R&C, but just drives me crazy someone spends $160 on the R&C just to immediately have to doctor it up and make the product better. Overall, this might have not happened from the R&C, but I do my absolute best to baby the boat trailering it. Although, I've had enough issues besides the cracks/chips to want to switch to a roller.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Achilles sg124
Never had a problem with the grey boat buddy
Old 11-08-2019, 06:05 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwozhog View Post
Never had a problem with the grey boat buddy
^ this ^

Sold the ramp clamp after it required trailer mods for it to work (contrary to the original sales pitch). I chose not.

Boat Buddy works like a champ, as always.

2 Peter 1:3Ė8
Old 11-08-2019, 10:22 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 XStar
My gray boat buddy leaves residue on the hull.

The rubber is deformed and there is exposed metal in one area.

Not sure what I'll replace it with. Probably just a roller, I never trailer.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:30 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 X30
My first MC (PS 205) had a black Boat Buddy on the trailer which worked pretty well but over the years scratched the gel coat and eventually cracked. My current MC (X30) came with a gray Boat Buddy which worked well but I prefer how much more solid the RNC is. It holds up to the mass of the X30 better. Again, removing a few orange marks with a little acetone once in a while is no big deal for me. I love the fact that the RNC works every time and I donít have to worry if the wife or kids might make a hot landing once in a while. It always centers the nose nicely and latches perfectly. Iíve got the boat on the trailer and wiping down at the top of the ramp while the other guys are still yelling at their boat drivers and fussing around with the winch.