Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 08-22-2019, 06:18 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2012 Mastercraft X35
It's either running or NOT

hey all - 2012 Mastercraft X35. Last weekend decided to either have full voltage or nothing. It happened at the dock and on the lake. Literally would stop running like a major wire harness was pulled from the motor. I replaced the batteries because my tech told me that they're very picky about them, but no change. It will sometimes start right up, and run for awhile and then simply die. The gauges would show either full battery or "1.1 volts". There is nothing abnormal about it when it's running.

Really would appreciate any ideas on where to start looking. It scared the crap out of me when it just died while idling - and of course the wind was blowing hard and pushing me right toward a rocky shore. Fortunately my son was out on the jetski and pulled me to the dock.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:54 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft 2007 X2 MCX
Sounds like an intermittent connection in you battery cables. I'd start by going through all of the battery cables and making sure they are all tight. If you have a battery switch make sure those connections are tight. Check at the starter where the positive battery cable connects to the solenoid. Check your ground points. Look for corrosion at connection points.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:36 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2012 Mastercraft X35
That makes sense - much appreciated!