Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 03-13-2020, 11:30 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1995 Maristar 225 vrs
Thanks everybody for the replies. I ended up pulling the bolt that holds the bb to the bracket on the trailer. Once that was done I pulled the shroud off in pieces and finally the bolt retracted and the guts of the thing dropped out on the concrete. Now I've got a bow roller in its place, plus I was able to replace the carpet on the v-piece that the keel rests on, which was what I set out to do when I discovered the bb had taken the boat hostage in the first place. Thanks again!
Old 03-13-2020, 11:55 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1990 ProStar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by boscoman View Post
plus I was able to replace the carpet on the v-piece that the keel rests on,
Yourself? Was it easy?
Old 03-14-2020, 05:55 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1995 Maristar 225 vrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxMC View Post
Yourself? Was it easy?
Not bad at all, lots better than I thought it would be. Luckily my trailer had a little platform of frame very close to where I wanted to work. Also, the carpet I wanted to replace was attached to 2 pieces of some kind of composite which were bolted to the steel V-piece. Loosen the winch, but lock it with only a little slack JIC, place scissor jack padded with folded beach towel under the keel and jack up the bow, just far enough to remove the bolts, and remove the composite. Pulled all the old carpet off and then pulled the stubs of MANY staples out of the composite pieces. Cut new carpet, slather on carpet glue and staple the new carpet down.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:23 PM
linzandscott

I replaced my BB with a Ramp-n-Clamp. Works greta