Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 09-30-2019, 05:16 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190 1995 LT-1
1999 Toyota Epic 22

So, I know this is not a Toyota forum but I'm having a tough time pricing my parents 1999 Epic 22. I'd love to hear what you might think it is worth as we need to sell.

This is a one owner, always stored indoors, 810.5 hour boat. Would come with the option of OEM replacement skins for some of the seats and a multitude of spare OEM parts.

What would be a fair price?

Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by trickinainteasy; 09-30-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:57 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP... SOLD
Nice boat but unfortunately some of the very features that made it so special are hurting them in their old age. The engine was way ahead of it's time on features and quality but now you have to keep them running.

I've seen ones like yours listed from anywhere between $7K and $17K and I've also seen a couple of the same ones listed for a couple seasons without moving. The need to sell part combined with the time of year are not a good combination for what looks to be a very nice boat. If it were a 205 I'd be asking $17k this time of year and see if I got any calls. If not I'd be at $15k pretty quick. On the Epic I'd start at $15K and then see if you get any interest.

Boat Trader has a 2001 listed without a trailer for $12.9K. It has a 350 Chevy, the interior looks good as does the boat, no hours listed. Figure another $3K for one with a trailer and you're at $16K for one that's 2 years newer (if that means anything).

If you're looking for hitting the market hard to get someone's attention figure out what your bottom dollar is on the boat and leave a grand to negotiate. If I had to put a selling number on it based on how I've seen them move up here I would put the selling price at $12K - $13K, if you can find someone interested in that boat.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:05 PM

Boat: XT22
The boat looks to be in very nice shape. I don't know much about these boats, but I do remember reading a few threads here about them. Direct Drives are a tough sell these days, and especially the crossover models. I'm assuming this is a crossover?? I can't see the transom, but iirc, the 22' includes a molded platform, is that correct? I think $15K +/- $2K is reasonable. What market are you competing against? Certainly a prostar 205. And this boat is not nearly as well known and proven.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:55 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
they were super solid boats that really never caught on. the early version direct drive did have some chine lock issues. I skied behind one and it had a super soft wake. they got great gallons per hour due to being a lexus v8 engine.

they have a owners forum but don't think it's to active.

http://www.epicmarine.com/forum/index.php
Old 10-01-2019, 09:22 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
I can tell you from personal experience that the engine/tranny are solid, well running good powerband. The interior is nice and comfortable. And thatís the only good thing I can say about it. The boat tracks terrible (like a boat that has no tracking fins) and the wake is a bit hard. That being said, one of my neighbors sold his for 8k a few weeks ago.