Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 09-06-2019, 05:12 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Four Winns RX 5.7L 1996 (sold), Nautique 200 OB 2011 5.7L (current), Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L (current)
How to tweak Surf settings in Gen2

I recently bought a 2014 X-25 with the Gen2 system. I'm typically very good a figuring out how to use systems like this, so I'm thinking it just doesn't have a way to tweak settings differently than I'm doing. But the method I'm using is pretty clunky. I figure it can't hurt to ask in case I'm missing something...

Let's say I have a profile created for Surf Left for user Bob. And it has a set of ballast, tab, and speed settings. If I want to tweak the starboard tab settings while I'm actively using this profile, it appears the easiest way to do it is to edit the profile, save it, and re-activate that profile. Tweaking the speed is very easy. Tweaking the center tab is pretty easy, I can use the switch for that. Using the left/right balance switch doesn't seem like a very effective way to tweak just the starboard tab, because it tends to change both tabs. Going into the ballast and tab screen, gives me some ability to change the starboard tab, but sliding your finger up and down on that tab control doesn't give very precise changes....

Am a missing an easier way? If not, the usability of this feature is pretty poor.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:01 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Four Winns RX 5.7L 1996 (sold), Nautique 200 OB 2011 5.7L (current), Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L (current)
How to tweak Surf settings in Gen2

btw, I have the 7" touch screen
Old 10-07-2019, 09:28 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '13 X2 Pro Gen2, '98 30th Anniv PS190- SOLD-
Like you said, go into the ballast and tab screen and slide your finger up and down. You will get the hang of it after awhile. The ballast levels adjust a predetermined ammount each time you tap the fill or drain direction. Something like 5 or 10% with each tap. Possibly the surf tab setting works the same? Can't remember off hand.

SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190