Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2019, 06:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '99 205v
I thought it was a fair question. And you canít blame anyone for bringing up the ď$50k all dayĒ debacle when it comes to the NXT22...
Old 10-09-2019, 06:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft NXT20
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
what?

Nope, helping someone else form the forum to look at the nxt22 and that is what i was told when looking at one for myself.

If its wrong to mock MC for a price campaign years ago, than it is also inappropriate to call someones post a troll when it is not.
When I asked my dealer they said surf ready was the price and then the additional things such as surf and reversible seat was additional onto of surf ready.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2019, 07:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2020 XStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyman989 View Post
When I asked my dealer they said surf ready was the price and then the additional things such as surf and reversible seat was additional onto of surf ready.

That is correct.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:21 PM

Boat: XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post
I thought it was a fair question. And you canít blame anyone for bringing up the ď$50k all dayĒ debacle when it comes to the NXT22...
If you read the ads for $50K all day, you'd know you could get an NXT 20 for $50K, pretty well bare bones, and without a trailer. Pretty simple. And pretty good deal, if you wanted a bare boned budget minded new boat at that time. I'll agree that the promotion wasn't successful, and we really won't get into discussing the merits now, years later. But it was legit. But look at the more recent nationally advertised pricing programs - they have been a big success for the consumers. Some really good deals that some dealers couldn't or wouldn't have offered without the factory program.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:29 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '99 205v
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
If you read the ads for $50K all day, you'd know you could get an NXT 20 for $50K, pretty well bare bones, and without a trailer. Pretty simple. And pretty good deal, if you wanted a bare boned budget minded new boat at that time. I'll agree that the promotion wasn't successful, and we really won't get into discussing the merits now, years later. But it was legit. But look at the more recent nationally advertised pricing programs - they have been a big success for the consumers. Some really good deals that some dealers couldn't or wouldn't have offered without the factory program.
I didn’t read the ads in detail bc I wasn’t in the market at the time. But the general consensus was that it was a debacle. Not optioned the way 90% of us would use the boat. Therefore misleading. The fact that this go around includes a trailer is a HUGE step forward.

Anyway, not throwing shade on MC, nor trying to argue with you. MC offers a stellar product and you’re right, the 50k promotion was still a good deal. Just misleading.

Last edited by dvsone79; 10-09-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:07 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post
I didnít read the ads in detail bc I wasnít in the market at the time. But the general consensus was that it was a debacle. Not optioned the way 90% of us would use the boat. Therefor misleading. The fact that this go around includes a trailer is a HUGE step forward.

Anyway, not throwing shade on MC, nor trying to argue with you. MC offers a stellar product and youíre right, the 50k promotion was still a good deal. Just misleading.
Honestly surprised they didn't see a lawsuit on it, with this day and age it seems everyone is lawsuit happy

Old 10-10-2019, 12:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2019 XSTAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyman989 View Post
Honestly surprised they didn't see a lawsuit on it, with this day and age it seems everyone is lawsuit happy
How dare you call me lawsuit happy! You will be hearing from my attorney!!
Old 10-10-2019, 08:42 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Yup at 79,995 with the options it comes with, it is very competitively priced, hence why we are trying to figure out the details. Now that we know you can addon option to the $79,995 price it is even more of a deal. Hopefully my friend can get the answers he is looking for from the dealer.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:11 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
Yup at 79,995 with the options it comes with, it is very competitively priced, hence why we are trying to figure out the details. Now that we know you can addon option to the $79,995 price it is even more of a deal. Hopefully my friend can get the answers he is looking for from the dealer.
Here is the details of what is included if your dealer trying to hide what is included. But still makes me wonder the 4 gel color options. Good luck with getting one!

Old 10-10-2019, 11:33 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2011 X25
Are the four different options the zones instead of colors? It would be odd for a company to say a color that is normally free on the side hull doesn’t apply but this other free color does.