Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 03-05-2021, 03:45 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 MC X2
Phase 5 Diamond LTD - Thoughts?

Hi all, I purchased my first MC, a 2008 X2, at the end of last season. I only got to take it out a few times before winterizing, but I've spent the winter getting it fixed up and ready for spring. I'm excited to start surfing in a few weeks when the water warms up a bit and I've come across what seems like a great deal on a board. I already have a basic beginner-level skim, but I found a brand new Phase 5 Diamond LTD for $600 and it seems like too good of a deal to pass up. I'm planning to purchase unless anyone here can tell me that this won't be a good board for my setup.

Current setup is 2008 X2 with trim tab and factory ballast + 400something pound piggyback bags in each rear locker and a Swell Slim suckgate. I'm new to this boat and to wakesurfing, but I have lots of experience with other water sports and board sports.

I've been lurking here for a while and have found this forum to be a great resource. First post here and I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts, thank you!
Old 03-05-2021, 04:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X-Series MCX
Check out this thread. Its one of many on here discussing different boards.

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...omswell+falcon
Old 03-05-2021, 10:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X1
I've got a Phase 5 diamond and I love it. A buddy of mine also has several boards and everytime we're out with them they all use the diamond.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2021, 06:29 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft Maristar 200 vrs
I just bought a Phase Five Diamond Turbo excited to try it out as well i have always wanted to move to P5 glad i got to this year! id say go for it if the sizing fits your needs. i hear nothing but the best from people who ride P5.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:38 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2019 XT21
As said above; be sure the size is right, and you will be pleased. Phase 5 makes great stuff, and the Diamond is a very nice skim style board in their line up. If the Diamond deal does not work out; look into a P5 Hammerhead. I think it is their best skim style board, very versatile and has "push" characteristics of the fastest surf style boards
Old 04-05-2021, 03:37 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 MC X2
Thanks for the input, everyone. I ended up picking up the board, it was too good of a deal to pass up! Water is still chilly here, but I put on a wetsuit and tried out the board yesterday. Loved the feel of it but couldn't quite go ropeless. I could feel it was very close, so I think I just need to take some time to get the boat dialed in properly. Will report back with results after I tweak some things!