Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 05-14-2006, 01:51 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Bad day jumping yesterday

Every year I teach jump clinic for our 3 event club. It usually is just alot of people who want to experience jumping for the 1st time. I usually drag about 20 people over the jump. I rack up about 100 jumps in a day. It is a total blast watching everybody jump for the 1st time. It is usually my best day at the lake. Not yesterday...At the end of the day, one of our members who has jumped before asked me to go with him. I thought that I was going to hold him as he rode over but he said he was comfortable and just wanted me to ride beside him. I was on his right and he slipped out bad on the ramp and took me out. His skis went into my knee as I tried to land. Totally smoked! Got my left knee and right groin. My friend who is a PT was in the boat and she did every test on me right there on the swim deck and she is almost certain that it is a smoked ACL. The groin maybe torn too! F!
The buddy was from Wisconson. Maybe he can ask Brett for some Vicoden. LD's, flips, gainers, and helis and I get smoked on an f'n ride over! I did feel for my buddy. He was sick about it. To use the movie quote thread...My advice to you is to start drinking heavily! Ohh, one more thing...Steve Owens wussed out and did not show up!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 05-14-2006, 02:17 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Damn the bad luck.....ride over's will get you every time!
Old 05-14-2006, 02:51 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Sorry about the knee, Tex. Get it looked at ASAP, and hit the physical therapy hard - you want to minimize loss of quadriceps strength.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: The dreaded 1999 prostar 190, with flat wake option
Tore my ACL in high school, I was snow skiing two months later, without doctors permission of course. You won't be able to run at full speed for nine months or walk very fast for that matter. I went on to play football the next year in college. Have fun and do the PT.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:28 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: None this week!
Man so sorry to hear it Tex! Go get it looked at. Always better to find out whats going on with your body than to tough it out and have more damage later. Take care man!

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
1994 ProStar 205 (current)
Old 05-14-2006, 04:30 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryp
Tore my ACL in high school, I was snow skiing two months later, without doctors permission of course. You won't be able to run at full speed for nine months or walk very fast for that matter. I went on to play football the next year in college. Have fun and do the PT.
My worry about an unrepaired ACL tear would be an unstable knee, with premature joint wear, early degenerative arthritis, and a total knee replacment at age 50 (and again at age 60).
Old 05-14-2006, 05:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2019 XT22
DUDE, that sucks. If I would have showed, I may have saved you from this....probably not, but that still sucks. You know my weekends can be tough, especially mid day Saturday with Kiddo soccer and stuff. Had the hall pass all last weekend for the river, so wasn't up for pushing my luck on mothers day weekend. Once you are back in the saddle, I'll be the first tandem you take. Promise
Old 05-14-2006, 05:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Tex,

That's some hard luck man. I feel for ya....I try to never think about being injured...go hard or go home, right...I think if you worry about injury you are more succeptible and don't perform as well.....if it does come to mind, I always pray it is at the end of the season, not the beginning.

Be careful with it until you can get an MRI, get an MRI ASAP, get it repaired ASAP, bust your @$$ in PT and get back in the saddle soon.

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 05-14-2006, 05:47 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: none
Tex, sorry to hear about the injury. Speedy recovery to my friend.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:09 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
uuughhhh! Get a good doc and do the therapy. I've not injured a knee but know a few docs who say that if you're going to have a tear, the knee is the one that can be fixed !