Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-12-2019, 11:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 X20
What are these brackets for?

Sorry for such a rookie question but I’m new to these newish boats. This is in the bow (2017 X20) and normally there’s a seat cushion covering the hole. The flat bar with the 2 nuts is the mount for the bow eye. It looks like maybe there’s a rod that goes under the brackets. Possibly for the boat cover? Whatever it is, I don’t have it.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2019, 11:18 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 X10
An anchor is able to be held in that area. I wish I could find a picture of the anchor being held, but in the attached picture, the rods coming out of the left and right of the bottom of the anchor rest under those clips within the grooves, and the top of anchor goes downward towards the bottom of the boat. The clips twist over the rods to securely hold the anchor in place when not in use and the cushion can be placed on top.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 X20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbehr99 View Post
An anchor is able to be held in that area. I wish I could find a picture of the anchor being held, but in the attached picture, the rods coming out of the left and right of the bottom of the anchor rest under those clips within the grooves, and the top of anchor goes downward towards the bottom of the boat.

Aww heck, I see it now. Thanks jbehr!