Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-02-2020, 07:28 PM
sodbuster88's Avatar
sodbuster88 sodbuster88 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Boat: 2014 MasterCraft Prostar
Location: Southeast
Posts: 169
ProStar Amp Install Ideas

Hi yíall, anyone here add an amp to your factory Fusion system in a new ProStar? What did you use, where did you mount it and what about the sub? Are you happy with the performance? Thanks yíall
__________________
Peace..!

2014 MC ProStar
2011 Sport Nautique 200V
2004 Ski Nautique 196
2003 Sport Nautique 216
1993 MC ProStar 190 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
1989 MC ProStar 190
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-02-2020, 08:12 PM
MLA MLA is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2012
Boat: pontoon
Location: Lake Wylie Area
Posts: 1,802
Quote:
What did you use,
There are a number of marine amp brands to choose from depending on price, wattage, chnls, etc. Im partial to Wet Sounds and Kicker. As to a particular model, I always suggest that the drivers (speakers/woofers) be chosen first, then make the amp choice that best fits the needs.

Woofer wise, are you looking to do a simple infinite-baffle setup, or build an enclosure setup? Which ever route you go, a woofer that radiates direct in to the cabin is most ideal.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-02-2020, 10:32 PM
sodbuster88's Avatar
sodbuster88 sodbuster88 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Boat: 2014 MasterCraft Prostar
Location: Southeast
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLA View Post
There are a number of marine amp brands to choose from depending on price, wattage, chnls, etc. Im partial to Wet Sounds and Kicker. As to a particular model, I always suggest that the drivers (speakers/woofers) be chosen first, then make the amp choice that best fits the needs.

Woofer wise, are you looking to do a simple infinite-baffle setup, or build an enclosure setup? Which ever route you go, a woofer that radiates direct in to the cabin is most ideal.
Want nothing too elaborate. Just wanting to make what Iíve got come alive. Would like to stay with my JL audio speakers for now...go with either a 5-channel or 4/and mono. As for woofer, not sure yet. ProStar offers really only a couple of options for placement. Really looking for someone else with the same boat who has done an install for some lessons learned.
__________________
Peace..!

2014 MC ProStar
2011 Sport Nautique 200V
2004 Ski Nautique 196
2003 Sport Nautique 216
1993 MC ProStar 190 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
1989 MC ProStar 190
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-03-2020, 10:17 AM
epnault's Avatar
epnault epnault is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: 2016 ProStar 6.2L
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 1,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodbuster88 View Post
Want nothing too elaborate. Just wanting to make what Iíve got come alive. Would like to stay with my JL audio speakers for now...go with either a 5-channel or 4/and mono. As for woofer, not sure yet. ProStar offers really only a couple of options for placement. Really looking for someone else with the same boat who has done an install for some lessons learned.
I have been using the Kicker marine grade amps for over 10 years and the quality and durability has been just great. When we ordered our new ProStar I had my dealer install the AMP for me and it fits on the inner wall of the walk through (under observers seat). For the sub I got the kicker box with the sub installed and mounted it on the floor under the observers seat - fires upward. Not the best place I know but I didn't find a great place in the open to put the sub. I think with how small the boat it is it works fine and is out of the way.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-03-2020, 06:53 PM
sodbuster88's Avatar
sodbuster88 sodbuster88 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Boat: 2014 MasterCraft Prostar
Location: Southeast
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by epnault View Post
I have been using the Kicker marine grade amps for over 10 years and the quality and durability has been just great. When we ordered our new ProStar I had my dealer install the AMP for me and it fits on the inner wall of the walk through (under observers seat). For the sub I got the kicker box with the sub installed and mounted it on the floor under the observers seat - fires upward. Not the best place I know but I didn't find a great place in the open to put the sub. I think with how small the boat it is it works fine and is out of the way.
@epnault, thanks. Iíll go do a little measuring...was thinking the same thing.
__________________
Peace..!

2014 MC ProStar
2011 Sport Nautique 200V
2004 Ski Nautique 196
2003 Sport Nautique 216
1993 MC ProStar 190 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
1989 MC ProStar 190
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-20-2020, 09:47 AM
sodbuster88's Avatar
sodbuster88 sodbuster88 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Boat: 2014 MasterCraft Prostar
Location: Southeast
Posts: 169
So I’ve got the heater option and it takes up a good bit of real estate on that inner wall. Any other location ideas?
__________________
Peace..!

2014 MC ProStar
2011 Sport Nautique 200V
2004 Ski Nautique 196
2003 Sport Nautique 216
1993 MC ProStar 190 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
1989 MC ProStar 190
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 PM.


2018