Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-31-2019, 05:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001, 205v
Also, most plug in type surge protectors (point of use) require a whole house surge protector in the panel. Itís in the fine print of their warranties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2020, 05:47 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
The panels are almost definitely mounted to a stud on each side. The bottom would likely be the most accessible for the panel knockouts. It can be as simple as cutting out a square of drywall and mounting them to the panel. For a cleaner look, you could mount them to a 4" square box and fish from the panel to the box. It's pretty simple, but not for the average homeowner. I'm not saying you are the average homeowner.
Yes I see studs on both sides of both panels. My question would be if I mount on the bottom side I’ll have to extend the leads all the way up to the circuit breaker at the top. This would not be nearly as affected as I read.

Alternatively I could put the 50A breaker at the bottom. But it doesn’t sound as affective as being mounted at the top. Ideas?

Can i cut into the studs on each side to mount or is that not good? It would allow tying into top circuit breaker, ground and neutral without extending any wires (barely).

1994 205, LT1

Last edited by Ski-me; 01-03-2020 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001, 205v
You could always just leave it sit in the bottom of the panel. Iím not a fan of this way, but itís been done and passed inspection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk