WTB: Prostar/X14 or the like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Prostar/X14 or the like

Looking for 2003-? Prostar /x14, , etc. Recently relocated to a river and our NXT drafts a bit too much for comfort. Looking for direct drive or low drafting v-drive around the 20-30K mark. totally understand the boat market is crazy right now, just hoping to find a decent priced, well cared for option.

I've got a 2008 X14 for sale. It has the 6.0L motor with 375 hours on it, good shape for 2008. It's a bit north of your budget, but let me know if you are interested and I can send details.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
      I've got a 2008 X14 for sale. It has the 6.0L motor with 375 hours on it, good shape for 2008. It's a bit north of your budget, but let me know if you are interested and I can send details.
      Have that puppy listed anywhere?
      If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
      1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

2008 MasterCraft X14 — Midwest Water Sports - MasterCraft, Supra, & Moomba Boat Dealer

Any questions call 763-533-9666 ask for Michael

Comment

Nice boat!
          Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
          1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
          Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
          "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

I'll be listing my 2002 Prostar 209 soon, depending on the ETA for our new boat.
            Chris
            2001 Prostar 209

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies. Got one lined up now. I know many others are looking for similar, so maybe this thread will continue!

Comment

Originally posted by JLM View Post
                Thanks for all of the replies. Got one lined up now. I know many others are looking for similar, so maybe this thread will continue!
                Once you have the deal done, share with us ... we love the X/214 and we love to see pics of fresh boats!
                Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

Originally posted by 93Prostar190 View Post

Once you have the deal done, share with us ... we love the X/214 and we love to see pics of fresh boats!
                  Absolutely, I ended up finding a 2003 Prostar 209 for sale locally. Dealer went through it and confirmed via ECU - 160 total engine hours (MCX). Not sure how I feel about that, as there are pros and cons but compression tested very consistent on all cylinders. Exterior of the boat is a bit sun faded in some areas, but already kind of planning on stripping everything to wet sand and buff and then replace with OE graphics. Interior is actually really good, few popped seams on the rear step (seat...lol) but that is about it. Down side (for me) is that there is no tower, so looking at a new dimensions (probably the lower style if it works).
                  Won't have pics for around a month as we will not be taking delivery until the end of April(ish), but I will get them up.

Comment

Originally posted by JLM View Post

Absolutely, I ended up finding a 2003 Prostar 209 for sale locally. Dealer went through it and confirmed via ECU - 160 total engine hours (MCX). Not sure how I feel about that, as there are pros and cons but compression tested very consistent on all cylinders. Exterior of the boat is a bit sun faded in some areas, but already kind of planning on stripping everything to wet sand and buff and then replace with OE graphics. Interior is actually really good, few popped seams on the rear step (seat...lol) but that is about it. Down side (for me) is that there is no tower, so looking at a new dimensions (probably the lower style if it works).
                    Won't have pics for around a month as we will not be taking delivery until the end of April(ish), but I will get them up.
                    I say a really good find at 160 hours.

I have no need nor interest in towers but I think the ND minis look nice. That fellow at ND is backed up most of the time so consider a lead time if you order new.

93 190
                    (safe click)

Comment

I put a New Dimensions mini tower on my 209 last summer. That's the way to go for the 209, as its the "OEM" tower. If you do it and can remember, I can give you some tips on install. The locations they put in the instructions were not quite right because the holes didn't hit the reinforcement plates correctly and I ended up moving it an inch or so.

I also struggled with bending the frame legs to match the dimensions they say they need to be. Ultimately I don't think those dimensions made as big of a difference as the amount of effort I put in to bend it, which is a lot of effort. Also, if they're going to tell customers to bend their towers to meet certain dimensions, I think they should also send each tower with a certificate showing the measurements they left the factory with. Mine didn't have any sign of mishandling during shipping, and I felt it was kind of ridiculous to have to get a massive come-a-long winch and bend this brand new tower.

Don't get their bimini either. The rear half of it is useless and you only hit your head on it. Maybe if you get the taller version it would be OK, but for a mini tower it is a pain. I also think the design is way more complicated it needs to be. The way they mount the bimini anchors to the tube legs is crappy too. Flat mount on a round tube, and the holes were not tapped well (two are stripped). If I knew all this, I would have fully exhausted opportunities to rework my OEM deck mounted bimini, and then looked at other aftermarket options.

Soooo, did I talk you into our out of ND tower? Besides some frustration with install and my mistake in buying that bimini, the tower is good, looks right, and has expanded the utility of our boat. That said, I've got a new NXT22 on order :-)
                      Chris
                      2001 Prostar 209

Comment

Originally posted by cm02WS6 View Post
                        I put a New Dimensions mini tower on my 209 last summer. That's the way to go for the 209, as its the "OEM" tower. If you do it and can remember, I can give you some tips on install. The locations they put in the instructions were not quite right because the holes didn't hit the reinforcement plates correctly and I ended up moving it an inch or so.

I also struggled with bending the frame legs to match the dimensions they say they need to be. Ultimately I don't think those dimensions made as big of a difference as the amount of effort I put in to bend it, which is a lot of effort. Also, if they're going to tell customers to bend their towers to meet certain dimensions, I think they should also send each tower with a certificate showing the measurements they left the factory with. Mine didn't have any sign of mishandling during shipping, and I felt it was kind of ridiculous to have to get a massive come-a-long winch and bend this brand new tower.

Don't get their bimini either. The rear half of it is useless and you only hit your head on it. Maybe if you get the taller version it would be OK, but for a mini tower it is a pain. I also think the design is way more complicated it needs to be. The way they mount the bimini anchors to the tube legs is crappy too. Flat mount on a round tube, and the holes were not tapped well (two are stripped). If I knew all this, I would have fully exhausted opportunities to rework my OEM deck mounted bimini, and then looked at other aftermarket options.

Soooo, did I talk you into our out of ND tower? Besides some frustration with install and my mistake in buying that bimini, the tower is good, looks right, and has expanded the utility of our boat. That said, I've got a new NXT22 on order :-)
                        Great information to have and will definitely reach out if I go that route. Not sure in in/out either...lol. ND's are the only one that I really prefer from an aesthetic standpoint...so we will see. I think you may have talked me into running the boat as is for a while and them making that call.. appreciate it. - Congrats on the new boat! Those NXT's are awesome. Coming from a 20' that we loved, so this is definitely a transition, but DD is a huge advantage where we are now located.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
                          MikeB - I like your boat! You must be in/around the Twin Cities area?
                          Former: 2007 X15

Comment

Yep, I'm located in the Twin Cities.

Comment

'09 x-14 - Draft depth with two ppl on the rear seating area (5 in boat) is 1.7 ft on the depth gauge. Even verified it a few months later.....O.J. does good work ship out monday, have back thursday. Is that shallow enough for you?
                              https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/302328.png
                              1988 prostar 190 SOLD
                              2001 Prostar 209 SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X