Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 SportStar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1998 SportStar

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2593.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	2435561

    I'm testing the waters (bad pun). Love this boat, but we are looking for something bigger.

    Check out the full listing here: http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/boa/4450151580.html

    I'll happily take TT member comments and questions.
    Last edited by JasterCraft; 05-01-2014, 09:51 PM.
    Troy

  • #2
    beautiful boat! I have the same one. Good luck with the sale!

    Comment


    • #3
      Good looking boat, GLWS! I didn't know MC put in a 5.0 in a boat.

      Comment


      • #4
        Great looking boat...what's the story on the trailer? I know that isn't a 98 original
        1985 19 Skier (Stars & Stripes) - “Twinkle”
        2007 X2 - "The Sun Squirrel" - Sold
        2000 PS195 - Sold

        Comment


        • #5
          Great CL ad! Nice boat, glws.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by _fng_ View Post
            Good looking boat, GLWS! I didn't know MC put in a 5.0 in a boat.

            1998 was the first year of the SportStar and MC did all kinds of different stuff with this model. It's plenty of muscle to pull my 220 lbs up on a slalom stick or board. We've also pulled plenty of doubles and triples too.


            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Troy

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JMLVMI View Post
              Great looking boat...what's the story on the trailer? I know that isn't a 98 original

              Previous owner bought it with no trailer then got this one from someone who wanted to switch to a tandem axle.

              Other 2003 trailer owners will want to know that I replaced the calipers and pads.


              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Troy

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tdjaster View Post
                1998 was the first year of the SportStar and MC did all kinds of different stuff with this model. It's plenty of muscle to pull my 220 lbs up on a slalom stick or board. We've also pulled plenty of doubles and triples too.


                Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                tdjaster, I could be wrong but that should be a 5.7 EFI. On the oil pan on the Starboard side, there should be a sticker that says 5.7

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by carlsonwa View Post
                  tdjaster, I could be wrong but that should be a 5.7 EFI. On the oil pan on the Starboard side, there should be a sticker that says 5.7

                  Just double-checked, it's definitely 5.0. Pretty sure it was one of the ways MC cut cost in building this model.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Troy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Base engine in the Sportstar that year was the Chevy 305 aka 5.0 which is still a TBI EFI. Still a decent lump as I believe it was putting out the same 275 hp as the earlier years non-Vortec 5.7.
                    sigpic

                    1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just want to comment about the 5.0 and it's ability. I'm 6'5" and around 250lbs and was pleasantly surprised by the 5.0 with it's power for slalom. It's more than sufficient for that hull. And yes, I think BrianM is right with the output being 275hp.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here's my listing on Boattrader.com...there's more pictures here than on Craigslist.

                        http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...r-19-102230562
                        Troy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          found it on ebay too. There's a royalty fee to the TT membership for using MCOCD without permishun - GLWS

                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Masterc...p2056016.l4276
                          sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                            found it on ebay too. There's a royalty fee to the TT membership for using MCOCD without permishun - GLWS

                            http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Masterc...p2056016.l4276
                            Keep checking your mailbox for that royalty check...I'm sure it'll be in there soon. ;-)
                            Troy

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I should also mention that I've got lots of friends and family all over the country so long-distance delivery is not out of the question...especially to the midwest.
                              Troy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X