X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 ProStar 190 82 original hrs

Amazing, show room quality Mastercraft ProStar 190 and trailer for sale

Garage kept, barely used- only 82 hours on original motor. $19,500

The pictures speak for themselves. Compliments every time on the water.

19'
    240 hp
    Teak swim platform
    award winning ski boat
    Attached Files

Good luck with sale, boat looks good.

Comment

Best looking 88 I've seen since well, 88. Not sure it's worth $20K as it's still a 28 year old boat but I guess that will be for the market to decide. Should be interesting to see what it goes for. GLWS

Comment

Nice Prostar! Do yourself a favor and remove any decals that are not factory original.
        I was njskier on here.

Comment

Wow! I know of a 93 with 190 hours, but had some dock dings. It will be interesting the see what this brings.

Comment

This for sure. Great looking boat. I really like this vintage. Especially in such good shape. The way the bow is fastened; are you ok with that? I've just never seen that technic.

Originally posted by Jerseydave View Post
            Nice Prostar! Do yourself a favor and remove any decals that are not factory original.
            86' 19 Skier, 351 PCM (sold)
            2008 197 ProStar, LY6 (sold)

Comment

thats a nice boat .i had a 2006 harley sprortster ,in mint condition barely used with only 5000km for sale for a year and a half. i thought i could get top dollar because it was in a time capsule ,i sold it for $5500 . ones that had 30 000km on them totally abused sell for the same price .he wants $19.5k.lol. his loss is someone elses total gain. he"ll get what late 80s 190s are worth. 7 to 10k .

Comment

Even at $19k, if it runs perfectly, look at what you are getting. It is a fine, like new slalom machine. More pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by AZDave View Post
                  Even at $19k, if it runs perfectly, look at what you are getting. It is a fine, like new slalom machine. More pictures!
                  Hmm, it's very unique to have such low hours.....rare for sure.
                  This boat is like finding a 1988 car (Corvette?) with only 5000 miles on it.

But Dave, do you think a 93 S&S with under 100 hours is worth $19K? Perhaps. Or maybe a very low hour 93 Limited. Harold's 89 probably isn't worth $19K and that is a trophy winner!

Yes it will be interesting to see how much this sells for considering a pretty clean 2003-2004 Prostar 197 could go for the same price.
                  I was njskier on here.

Comment

Good luck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 Perfect Pass Stargazer w/zbox, gt40p heads, Acme 541, Edelbrock performer intake, mallory ylm ignition.

Comment

It's a cool boat without a doubt but it still is an 88 with all the issues that technology had back then (think points and carburetors). That style trailer for instance was a PITA with the lock bar which if you notice isn't connected and has been modified with a winch (so much for completely original). I'm not an engineer but I don't believe that is the best way to hold the bow in place. If I were buying it that would have to be fixed pronto.

Doing the quick math on hours (88/28=3.14) I'd be a bit concerned about the fuel system and carburetor being the victim of bad fuel. I mean how to you keep 20 gallons of gas fresh over 28 years when you're only running 3 hours a year? And then there's the soft parts like tires (which I don't believe are actual trailer rated tires due to the white lettering), hoses and belts that just deteriorate with time.

I'm lining up with SaltDog on this one but I do think the condition and hours will go a long way on bringing a premium, just not a $10K premium.While MasterCrafts do hold their value I don't see any vintage boat collectors out there paying vintage Cobra and Corvette prices except for maybe the select wood variety.

A lot is going to depend on finding the right buyer but I think the boat is worth $13K - $15K depending on how it runs when you take it out for a sea trial and what it looks like in person.

Comment

As mentioned above the low hours are good and can be bad as well. Super clean looking boat. I hope for all of us old boat owners you get close to your asking price but quite honestly I see $12k max, and that has to be to the right buyer.
                        sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

Originally posted by Jerseydave View Post
                          Hmm, it's very unique to have such low hours.....rare for sure.
                          This boat is like finding a 1988 car (Corvette?) with only 5000 miles on it.

But Dave, do you think a 93 S&S with under 100 hours is worth $19K? Perhaps. Or maybe a very low hour 93 Limited. Harold's 89 probably isn't worth $19K and that is a trophy winner!

Yes it will be interesting to see how much this sells for considering a pretty clean 2003-2004 Prostar 197 could go for the same price.
                          Back when Harold and I were very close he wanted me to buy his boat. If we weren't in the big economic downturn I would have. And he wasn't asking close to $19K. But this virtually brand new '88 is intriguing.
                          Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Those 88 trailer hook ups suck .My 87 ps had the better trailer . When I was selling my boat a guy called with an 88 and Asked if I wanted to trade him trailers . Lol. Oh yeah let's trade a really good trailer with my boat for your trailer that gives you hassles . I was like suuuuuuurrrree...NO!

Comment

Doesn't look like the trailer has been modified. The bar isn't connected to the bow eye in the photo but the winch is in the correct place. Towing like this especially with no stern straps would get ugly in an emergency stop.
                              I have the same trailer, the bar can be a pain but the boat isn't moving fore or aft when it's connected. Lately I just usually float the boat on, get it close and hook up the winch strap. Pull the trailer up the ramp to level ground, tap the brakes and the boat slides 3" forward, right where it needs to be to connect the bar.

Comment

Working...
                              X