Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Sale, Free, Ebay, Craigslist, BoatTrader, Coupons, Specials, Services for TT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Barefoot 200

Greetings all, here's a new listing in the area, highly sought after Boat with the original owner.
    Looks well kept, the only downside it looks like it's been in salt water it's whole life.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...b-36eaef732136

Comment

• Interesting O/B

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa...395346777.html

Comment

• 1980 S&S --- Have a look at Susie's Sunshine

No affiliation ..... $5500

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa...395201882.html
        Attached Files

Comment

• That might be a rare S&S. The split rear seat and the cup holders on the dog house was part of a 'custom' package back in the day. IDK, maybe someone has some information about that.
          Hello, my name Ryan!

Comment

• Originally posted by barefoot View Post
            That might be a rare S&S. The split rear seat and the cup holders on the dog house was part of a 'custom' package back in the day. IDK, maybe someone has some information about that.
            Deluxe interior option. I had a 79 (I bought new in 79) that had this option. Impressive back in the day.

Photo credit to owner

Attached Files
            93 190
            John 14:6
            2 Peter 1:3–8
            Matthew 6:1-4
            Romans 10:9

Comment

• Interesting.... it does look different with that rear seat setup.

I see a lot of toes getting smashed on the ski racks bolted into the floor. For about a second I thought it was an interesting idea - then......not.

Got to put a tower on it J/K

Comment

• Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
                Deluxe interior option. I had a 79 (I bought new in 79) that had this option. Impressive back in the day.

Photo credit to owner

Yes...Deluxe...That's what it was!
                Hello, my name Ryan!

Comment

• Feel free to roast ME because I know no one believes the “asking for a friend” post—but I’m more than happy with my ‘91!

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Ma...na-128822.aspx

Is this price too good to be true?

Co-worker wants to buy this one, but doesn’t know how the process works when the guy doesn’t have the title, and insurance company has a lien on it. Says he’s talked to dealer and mechanic who have taken care of it, and owner’s story checks out with them.

Is that doable? I know people buy cars and homes with liens on them all the time—so what would you guys want to see before/after money changes hands?

…Or would you run?

Comment

• Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

Photo credit to owner

Didn't skierjim do a full resto on a limited with deluxe interior a while back? Turned out really nice. Haven't seen him around too much lately.
                    -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Originally posted by MarCraft1991 View Post
                      Feel free to roast ME because I know no one believes the “asking for a friend” post—but I’m more than happy with my ‘91!

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Ma...na-128822.aspx

Is this price too good to be true?

Co-worker wants to buy this one, but doesn’t know how the process works when the guy doesn’t have the title, and insurance company has a lien on it. Says he’s talked to dealer and mechanic who have taken care of it, and owner’s story checks out with them.

Is that doable? I know people buy cars and homes with liens on them all the time—so what would you guys want to see before/after money changes hands?

…Or would you run?
                      You can make just about anything work if you're willing to go through the process but most times in situations like this it's better to just walk away. While the NXT is a solid boat they just don't pull the cash like a full on MC. Pre covid this would be a pretty typical resale price, is it now? No clue but they seem to go pretty cheap for what they are up here.

On the lien.... The bank should have a lien on it for the loan. I have no idea why an insurance company would have a lien unless it somehow involved a claim that was somehow bogus or unpaid coverage or something along those lines. This really throws up a red flag for me.

On the title..... I guess I'm to used to living in states that require vesicles have titles but that would scare me off as well. I also don't see registration numbers on the boat which makes me think something sketchy is going on. According to this NC website that boat should be titled and registered....

https://www.ncwildlife.org/boating/r...-a-used-vessel

Around here I've seen guys pull this to get out of paying tax on the boat. They buy the boat used then never title the boat or register it and use it on a private lake. The problem here is that the tax is still due on the boat so if you want/need a title someone is going to have to pay the tax when they apply for a title to sell it. At least that's how it's been explained to me as to how it works up here. I knew a guy that went through this on a use boat years ago but in that case the PO was the one that paid as he couldn't get anyone to buy it without a title.

In summary I would either really, really want this boat for whatever reason or pass. The lien from an insurance company is plain weird. On that I'd be looking real close to see if the boat sank or was damaged somehow. No title and no registration is screaming something is wrong with this picture. Unless the guy has paperwork on the boat that shows the tax was paid on it and a title/registration was issued I'd be off to the next one. If the current owner has just misplaced it why hasn't he applied for a replacement?

Just too much wrong for me on this one. Move on to the next as there is always another boat to buy.

Comment

• Thanks a lot for all the info, very kind and he’ll appreciate it. Hopefully we’ll get him in another MC—he doesn’t want to join the forum without it being official, haha.

I think I misunderstood on the insurance part. He said USAA holds title, I was thinking insurance and not USAA bank. (though I myself use both, haha.)

And I too saw the price and thought, “wow that’s a pre-Covid price! We’re getting back to normal!”

Comment

• Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                          Didn't skierjim do a full resto on a limited with deluxe interior a while back? Turned out really nice. Haven't seen him around too much lately.
                          Here is the thread.

He was last here about six years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Last here01.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	2413578

93 190

Comment

• Originally posted by MarCraft1991 View Post
                            Thanks a lot for all the info, very kind and he’ll appreciate it. Hopefully we’ll get him in another MC—he doesn’t want to join the forum without it being official, haha.

I think I misunderstood on the insurance part. He said USAA holds title, I was thinking insurance and not USAA bank. (though I myself use both, haha.)

And I too saw the price and thought, “wow that’s a pre-Covid price! We’re getting back to normal!”
                            Well that makes more sense on the lien but where's the title? No title = no ownership in my book.

Best of luck with this one.....

Comment

• One example; TN does not require a title for a boat...merely registration (upon payment of sales tax) with the state for display numbers.

No trailer tag on any trailer that hauls a boat.

93 190

Comment

• That's awesome. Illinois smacks us boaters pretty well. -- new tags needed for trailer every year. $151 bux. Now if TN can fix Memphis it just might be the best state in the union. Well except if al gore still lives there

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                                sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Working...
                                X