Wanted MC X9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted MC X9

Looking for a X9 in central North Carolina. If anyone has one near the Raleigh/Durham area even if not for sale, I would love to see it in person to be sure its what I want. I'm in Harnett County.
    There may be better ways to relax than being on a boat...I just haven't found one yet!

I am in Raleigh and have an X-9, but due to my schedule I just wrapped it up for winter. PM if I can answer anything

Comment

Really looking to get a personal feel for it, but how does it handle chop and boat wake. I love my boat but it will beat you to death. Looking to get a better ride.
      There may be better ways to relax than being on a boat...I just haven't found one yet!

Comment

I owned a 209 for years. What lake are you on?

The x9 handles great to me if its glass. It does not handle decent chop well at all. The nose is extremely low on that boat and the hull is not a deep V. You can easily catch water over the bow from rollers in that boat.

What is your goal for a boat? Wakeboarding, skiing? crossover?

I switched from a x9 to a x2 and its been a much better experience. The wakeboard wake is so much better, you can actually surf, and the x9 isn't a professional level ski wake anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post

The x9 handles great to me if its glass. It does not handle decent chop well at all. The nose is extremely low on that boat and the hull is not a deep V. You can easily catch water over the bow from rollers in that boat.

I switched from a x9 to a x2 and its been a much better experience. The wakeboard wake is so much better, you can actually surf, and the x9 isn't a professional level ski wake anyways.
          Usually on Harris. Sometimes Jordan. I'm used to taking water over the bow. Mine is great for that so I know how to avoid it. Would really love an '05-'07 X45 but I'm too tight to pony up for that. lol

Comment

X9 ride better than 205V?

By the way, what year X2? Older X2s have 205V hull and that looks like a rough ride too. I've overlooked 205V hulls because I'm scared they will ride as rough as what I already have.

Comment

I have a 2003 X9. It is very clean inside and out. Mechanically in great shape. It is located in Central Arkansas. I am attaching a link below with pictures. It is not in NC but if you are interested in discussing more, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkegboyd View Post
                I have a 2003 X9. It is very clean inside and out. Mechanically in great shape. It is located in Central Arkansas. I am attaching a link below with pictures. It is not in NC but if you are interested in discussing more, let me know.

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/ry...stercraft%20X9
                Good color for me. I don't think I'm ready to pursue such a long distance purchase at this time though. Too bad about the bump-up on the side. Hate that for you. I still remember the first time I scraped mine up.

Comment

Here is another long distance option but might be good for comparison sake.

Hydrodreams

Comment

Yes, I am the second owner of the boat and the previous owner "broke it in for me" with the bump on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydrodreams View Post
                      Here is another long distance option but might be good for comparison sake.

http://odessa.craigslist.org/boa/5845954396.html
                      Seems to be about $13k more than I've seen most others for. Very good looking boat though. Lost out on a red and white '03, 250hrs, 6.0, asking $23k. Was a 4 hr drive for me to go look at it and not knowing for sure it's what I want. Hoping to run across one close to me to go put hands on.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxirat427 View Post
                        Seems to be about $13k more than I've seen most others for. Very good looking boat though. Lost out on a red and white '03, 250hrs, 6.0, asking $23k. Was a 4 hr drive for me to go look at it and not knowing for sure it's what I want. Hoping to run across one close to me to go put hands on.
                        I would agree too much. That is at the lower end of X-14 pricing.
                        https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/302328.png
                        1988 prostar 190 SOLD
                        2001 Prostar 209 SOLD

Comment

By the way, what year X2? Older X2s have 205V hull and that looks like a rough ride too. I've overlooked 205V hulls because I'm scared they will ride as rough as what I already have.
                          Mine is an 07 not the 05' under hull which is the 205V hull. That 205v hull is still supposed to be better than the 209 hull in chop I believe. If you decide to look at an x2 let me know. I have a very low hour 07 in excellent condition we are considering selling. Believe its at like 320 hours but might be under that.

Comment

Mine is an 07 not the 05' under hull which is the 205V hull. That 205v hull is still supposed to be better than the 209 hull in chop I believe. If you decide to look at an x2 let me know. I have a very low hour 07 in excellent condition we are considering selling. Believe its at like 320 hours but might be under that.
                            I haven't ruled out and X2 or X30. Shoot me some pics. I haven't been looking at the 205V hull boats simply b/c I figured they would ride as rough as my boat based solely on the shape of the hull. 209/X9 seems to have a much sharper vee, and stays that way to the transom. Would be nice to know someone with all these boats to test drive. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Maxirat427 View Post
                              I haven't ruled out and X2 or X30. Shoot me some pics. I haven't been looking at the 205V hull boats simply b/c I figured they would ride as rough as my boat based solely on the shape of the hull. 209/X9 seems to have a much sharper vee, and stays that way to the transom. Would be nice to know someone with all these boats to test drive. LOL
                              It is getting close to wintertime so a lake test might have to wait until spring. My boat got winterized two weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X