No announcement yet.

1991 Barefoot 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter's have been in the boat since they were babies....literally. My younger daughter was born in March 2003, she spent most of our June vacation that year in the boat with us while we skied the dawn patrol and in the evenings. Fast forward to spring 06 when I bought my PS197 and was selling my 190. I took a bunch of pics for my online add on a cold may morning. My then 3 year old spent the whole time in her snowsuit hanging out in the boat. When I lifted her out, she looked at me as serious as I ever saw her and said "dad, can we keep this boat too"

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
    Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

Originally posted by jakethebt View Post
      I remember when we got our boat. We had been boating for years with friends. The boys were timid, even after we got our boat. They were young. Today, my 17 year old helped me roll the cover off as we put it in the garage after bringing it home from winter storage. He stopped, smelled the interior and said, I love the smell of the boat. It is like smelling vacation. Enough said.Sorry... we are still killing you.

Honestly, I can't believe it is still for sale. Those usually go super quick.
      Keep it! Both my kids, born in the winter and were boating by Memorial Day. Does someone make boat smell air freshners? I want one for my truck.
      Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Group buy on those air fresheners ....

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
        Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

Another vote to keep it. Let's say you get it sold and then buy another boat 2 years from now...can you imagine yourself constantly saying: "Yeah, I like this boat, but it's not as good as my old boat. I wish I could find another one of those..."

True story: my uncle came home from work one day when his kids were real young...and said to his wife, "I found a boat I think we should buy." They talked it over and she agreed, and they re-purposed $800 that they had set aside for a dining room table. They had just moved into a new house and as a young family they were furnishing it in stages. The rest of the story goes like this: they never did buy a dining room table for that house, and they were never without at least 1 boat during all the years that all three of their kids lived at home. Now all are grown and have graduated college. But that $800 decision led to years of family fun on the lake. All of their kids are my cousins and none of them regret not having a formal dining room to eat in. But we all share some really great lake memories from those years.

Keep the boat!

Comment

The boat is sold. Thanks for all the sage advice. I'll be back in the Mastercraft family soon.

Comment

Working...
            X