Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Tuna
    replied
    The boat is sold. Thanks for all the sage advice. I'll be back in the Mastercraft family soon.

Leave a comment:

• Timr71
    replied
    Another vote to keep it. Let's say you get it sold and then buy another boat 2 years from now...can you imagine yourself constantly saying: "Yeah, I like this boat, but it's not as good as my old boat. I wish I could find another one of those..."

True story: my uncle came home from work one day when his kids were real young...and said to his wife, "I found a boat I think we should buy." They talked it over and she agreed, and they re-purposed $800 that they had set aside for a dining room table. They had just moved into a new house and as a young family they were furnishing it in stages. The rest of the story goes like this: they never did buy a dining room table for that house, and they were never without at least 1 boat during all the years that all three of their kids lived at home. Now all are grown and have graduated college. But that $800 decision led to years of family fun on the lake. All of their kids are my cousins and none of them regret not having a formal dining room to eat in. But we all share some really great lake memories from those years.

Keep the boat!

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyB
    replied
    Group buy on those air fresheners ....

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• neil.anderson63
    replied
    Originally posted by jakethebt View Post
    I remember when we got our boat. We had been boating for years with friends. The boys were timid, even after we got our boat. They were young. Today, my 17 year old helped me roll the cover off as we put it in the garage after bringing it home from winter storage. He stopped, smelled the interior and said, I love the smell of the boat. It is like smelling vacation. Enough said.Sorry... we are still killing you.

Honestly, I can't believe it is still for sale. Those usually go super quick.
    Keep it! Both my kids, born in the winter and were boating by Memorial Day. Does someone make boat smell air freshners? I want one for my truck.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyB
    replied
    My daughter's have been in the boat since they were babies....literally. My younger daughter was born in March 2003, she spent most of our June vacation that year in the boat with us while we skied the dawn patrol and in the evenings. Fast forward to spring 06 when I bought my PS197 and was selling my 190. I took a bunch of pics for my online add on a cold may morning. My then 3 year old spent the whole time in her snowsuit hanging out in the boat. When I lifted her out, she looked at me as serious as I ever saw her and said "dad, can we keep this boat too"

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jakethebt
    replied
    I remember when we got our boat. We had been boating for years with friends. The boys were timid, even after we got our boat. They were young. Today, my 17 year old helped me roll the cover off as we put it in the garage after bringing it home from winter storage. He stopped, smelled the interior and said, I love the smell of the boat. It is like smelling vacation. Enough said.

Sorry... we are still killing you.

Honestly, I can't believe it is still for sale. Those usually go super quick.

Leave a comment:

• Big Tuna
    replied
    You guys are killing me... it's definitely for sale. I appreciate the sage advice. I'm not leaving the Mastercraft family, just taking a short hiatus!

Leave a comment:

• Maristar210
    replied
    Remove this listing and keep it so I stop drooling

Leave a comment:

• Mgboyd25
    replied
    Ohh myy... Marky Likey!!
    GLWS... If I could swing another boat I would buy it!

Leave a comment:

• jayR
    replied
    Other than that boat probably sucks the gas... (and is a little overpriced) the interior probably makes the perfect playpen... don't sell.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyB
    replied
    Gonna be hard pressed to find another one in that condition....

Keep it!!!

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied
    We had one for a show I did in Canada one summer. Loved to drive and foot behind!

Leave a comment:

• Footin
    replied
    Identical to my old one, I miss it.

Leave a comment:

• MasterCraft Ranger
    replied
    If the fuel gauge worked, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Sorry, that was mean. I have a '91 ProStar and the gas gauge hasn't worked since '93. It's a gorgeous rig. Looks like it's going 42 mph sitting on the trailer.

I do echo everyone else's sentiments which is why I still own that '91 ProStar with a 19 and a 22 year old in the house.

Like the old Porsche ad said, "the more kids you have, the more sense it makes".

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Leave a comment:

• curver900
    replied
    Don't blink... 4 years is a quick nap in time....

If you like it and are going to use it later keep it... if you are going to get something bigger then yea sell now pick up something else later...

Families usually move to the open bow 205s/x2 etc..

some kids are good to go at 4 others not till they are 7 or 10.or never.... depends on them...

GLWS...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X