WANTED X-14 with 6.2L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED X-14 with 6.2L

My 07 Prostar just isn't fast enough for me to barefoot and with 2 young boys it's getting tight in the boat. Really looking for a nice X-14. I've never been in one but I keep getting told that's what I need. Let me know what you have.
    Last edited by boozerjeff; 06-19-2017, 09:58 PM.

I've pulled plenty of bare footers with the mcx and powerslot. Biggest guy I pulled was about 6'3" and 225. No issues. Not saying the larger motor won't help but it hasn't been a factor for me.
    A buddy of mine has a prostar 35th (or 30th not sure) anniversary with the big block. It's just barely faster than mine but, like I said, at wot the mcx does it.
    I would try one before you rule it out, if you happen to come across one!
    Good luck =)
    boats rock, but don't rock the boat

Comment

What speeds are you getting? Was the powerslot an option in the 197? We love the boat but for me to 1 foot it's just not there. I'm 235ish

Comment

Are you one footing long line?

My X9 does 46 unloaded with LTR 330hp. Will pull me faster than I want to go, granted I am not 235, I was 205+ when I learned to foot behind it.
        Bailey
        '02 X-9
        Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

One foot may make a difference...
          I haven't gps'd mine so I'm guessing 47 or so. Speedo sometimes says 50, but I think it's off by a tad. Maybe Google maps with gps on will work.

Comment

No still on the boom with the one foots. Best I can get is 42 unloaded. Skied Sunday with 2 guys and we were at 39.7 with someone on the short line.

Comment

Originally posted by boozerjeff View Post
              No still on the boom with the one foots. Best I can get is 42 unloaded. Skied Sunday with 2 guys and we were at 39.7 with someone on the short line.
              Does your boat have power slot? My understanding is that non powerslot is faster. I can get faster than you are describing with less power and a larger boat on my X9
              Bailey
              '02 X-9
              Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

No powerslot I have a 1in shaft my understanding was powerslot was faster.

Comment

Originally posted by boozerjeff View Post
                  No powerslot I have a 1in shaft my understanding was powerslot was faster.
                  Quicker for sure but I do not think top speed is better. What is your RPM at top speed in an unloaded boat? Have you had your prop checked? I picked up a few MPH going to a CNC 3 blade from a traditional 13x13.
                  Bailey
                  '02 X-9
                  Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

Boozer Jeff if you ever around central Florida
                    You welcome to come get a pull !!

6.2 illmore 51.5 MPh plenty speed my baby is Fast!

Comment

We have a 2012 x14v that I long line behind. It is a great crossover boat with the hull design and unloaded for a flatter wake or load it down for a crisp wake for wakeboarding. I am only 160 so we do not need the speed you are looking for, but I have had it upwards of 50mph. We have only found a nice surf wave one time, but received a wake shaper for fathers day that I hope to try out this evening. If that works, I will be very happy to say I can barefoot, ski, wakeboard, surf (and tube) behind a single boat.
                      2012 x14V

Comment

Originally posted by baedwards5 View Post
                        We have a 2012 x14v that I long line behind. It is a great crossover boat with the hull design and unloaded for a flatter wake or load it down for a crisp wake for wakeboarding. I am only 160 so we do not need the speed you are looking for, but I have had it upwards of 50mph. We have only found a nice surf wave one time, but received a wake shaper for fathers day that I hope to try out this evening. If that works, I will be very happy to say I can barefoot, ski, wakeboard, surf (and tube) behind a single boat.
                        I'll be interested to see how the wakeshaper attaches and works with the stepped hull design of the 14. We surf but have to keep the rope in our hands. The kids still have a blast (and so do I).

As far as prop goes, the powerslot X14 DD has the prostar 214 3 blade CNC prop from the factory. It's got amazing hole shot. I've considered going to a different prop to get lower RPMs at ski and cruising speed.

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinGA View Post
                          Quicker for sure but I do not think top speed is better. What is your RPM at top speed in an unloaded boat? Have you had your prop checked? I picked up a few MPH going to a CNC 3 blade from a traditional 13x13.
                          If I remember it was 4900. Prop has been checked and it's fine. It's a 4 blade 12.5x12. Just ordered a 13x12 3 blade. Hoping that will give me the speed. My coach said I need to be at 43/44.

Comment

Originally posted by Barefoot 19 View Post
                            Boozer Jeff if you ever around central Florida
                            You welcome to come get a pull !!

6.2 illmore 51.5 MPh plenty speed my baby is Fast!
                            I try to get down to Winterhaven to my ski school but I'll look you up next time I'm down.

Comment

My X14V with the 5.7 runs 46/47 with my current prop.

Comment

Working...
                              X