FS: 1987 ProStar 190 $5500 OBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1987 ProStar 190 $5500 OBO

SOLD - After 20 years, it's time I upgraded. I am picking it up and will be de-winterizing it this weekend so I will post more photos in a few days. I am going crazy and getting a '93 so I should be good for another 6 years or so.

I've had the normal issues through the years (that this forum has helped me resolve), but overall it's been a very dependable and fun boat. By no means is it in perfect shape, but it runs strong and will be an affordable option for someone to get into an awesome ski/barefoot boat. It's always been kept on a hoist in the summer and indoors over the winter. I would say it's better than average for it's age.

Some issues:
    • Rear seat vinyl needs to be replaced
    • Other minor tears in vinyl
    • Normal wear and tear - scratches, chips, fading

I am located in South Lyon, MI. Sorry for the photo with the tube, the barefoot/slalom pictures don't show the boat. More info to come! -Kevin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by getoutside2play; 05-24-2018, 09:40 AM.

hours ?

Comment

I will check when I open her up. If memory serves me, it was around 750.

Comment

764 hours. I forgot about Mother's Day so I will be working on it next week and will post more pictures.
        Attached Files

Comment

Got it out of the garage and cleaned up. Fired right up and is ready for another season!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by getoutside2play; 05-21-2018, 01:23 PM.

Comment

More photos.
            Attached Files

Comment

The biggest issues are the rear seat vinyl is jacked. We usually take it out. Also, the rubber around the gauges is aged and cracked. I was going to try to repair with some goo but you can see the cracks in the photos.

It's taken some bumps and bruises over the years, but it's been well taken care of and I always get comments about how great of shape the boat is in.

Comment

Man, all I hear are crickets on here. SOLD.

Comment

Congrats on the sale! Agreed on the crickets here...30 yr old boats that run well but arent pristine and are priced accordingly dont seem to interest here. Not sure if theres just not enough traffic or if MCOCD applies. Ive sold a few and the sale has always come from elsewhere.

Comment

Thanks for the reply SWeaver. I hear you on the MCOCD. I am impressed by the condition of some of the older boats on here. I always took good care of mine, but we used it and I couldn't justify sinking thousands into seats etc. when it is only worth $5k or so.

After using the '93 for the past couple weeks, I am convinced the '87 was a better boat. It just seems a lot more solid and definitely drove better. It also had a lot more power and performance. There are also little things, like the swim platform was rock solid compared to the new boat. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Comment

Working...
                    X