X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MC25
    replied
    Originally posted by moosehead View Post
    Kinda like the donk trucks with huge lifts and rubber band tires.

I kid, I kid.
    At least I use them to their max capacity. Unlike the dude bro’s in massive center consoles on lakes in north Texas. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    Originally posted by MC25 View Post
    Not everyone boats on the coast. When i see people in multi engine CC boats on the lakes I frequent, I can’t help but laugh. What a massive waste of money.
    Kinda like the donk trucks with huge lifts and rubber band tires.

I kid, I kid.

Leave a comment:

• Thrall
    replied
    Not everyone boats on the coast. When i see people in multi engine CC boats on the lakes I frequent, I can’t help but laugh. What a massive waste of money.
    ^This.
    No different than the guys with their Formulas and Eliminators on a lake that’s like only 10 miles long. But there’s an @ss for every seat, like my dad used to say... reference my comment about guido in his 5.3 x24 in another thread.

But in fairness looking at the other side of the coin, there’s plenty of folks having fun behind a $10k IO that say the same thing about someone’s kid learning to wakeboard behind a $100k MC.

Leave a comment:

• Jerseydave
    replied
    I honestly don’t know the price of the X24, but it is a leftover and he’s willing to make a great deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
    I can’t speak for all CCs but ours is alot more versatile than most. It’s great for deep sea fishing, cruising, day trips to local beaches and with the generator/cabin you can spend the night on it. The bed is quite comfy and it has a separate shower/head.

Boat prices in general are crazy.

On a contained lake, ski boat are awesome, but in our area along the gulf coast, ski boats have limitations.

Our CC is kept in Alabama so I’m working on trying to find a used one I can keep on the river for longer cruises to the near by islands and inshore fishing.

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    ^Clear walk-around with fishing poles no overhead impediment, off decks scupper drains leaving any water onboarded outta the bilge, ample freeboard and deep v for handling etc, most have sparse upholstery for handling the elements though that’s changing. I’m sure there’s more that the guys will chime in on.

Sooo, what’s the tag on this 24? Larry and others have undoubtedly called on it.
    Last edited by moosehead; 02-22-2020, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hogwild
    replied
    Any benefit of most Center Console’s other than offshore capability?

Leave a comment:

• Mastercraftdave
    replied
    I can’t imagine having this logic when you can justify 300k for a center console lol

I can’t speak for all CCs but ours is alot more versatile than most. It’s great for deep sea fishing, cruising, day trips to local beaches and with the generator/cabin you can spend the night on it. The bed is quite comfy and it has a separate shower/head.

Boat prices in general are crazy.

On a contained lake, ski boat are awesome, but in our area along the gulf coast, ski boats have limitations.

Our CC is kept in Alabama so I’m working on trying to find a used one I can keep on the river for longer cruises to the near by islands and inshore fishing.

Leave a comment:

• Jerseydave
    replied
    Originally posted by jgraham37128 View Post
    Just look at center console boats if you want sticker shock....
    I shopped new center consoles too but the girlfriend hates them! Hard to justify dropping $100K on a single outboard 25 footer. If I take up fishing in the future I can get 18' used CC and just putt putt down the bay 2 miles to a great fishing spot!

I also can't see spending over $100K for an outboard runabout (4 Winns, Regal, Cobalt, Crownline, etc.) At least those boats make the new MC's seem a little more realistic.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    I think this is going to happen eventually. Its getting harder and harder to justify the cost of these boats. As much as I want to upgrade, its very hard to justify $140K for a one trick pony boat.
    I can’t imagine having this logic when you can justify 300k for a center console lol

Leave a comment:

• jgraham37128
    replied
    Just look at center console boats if you want sticker shock....

Leave a comment:

• MasterCraft Ranger
    replied
    I think this is going to happen eventually. Its getting harder and harder to justify the cost of these boats. As much as I want to upgrade, its very hard to justify $140K for a one trick pony boat.

I remember saying the same thing around 2007 - “how many people can afford an $80,000 boat? This is not sustainable.” And yet here I am looking at a 2019 NXT22 for $75,000 thinking, “Hmm, that’s a lot of boat for $75K.”

This is just a casual comment and not meant to launch the dreaded “Is an NXT a real MasterCraft?” argument or “I have a 2009 X2 I’ll sell you for half that!!”

Leave a comment:

• Mastercraftdave
    replied
    Originally posted by lashburn1 View Post
    ....over at the Nautique Dealer in town..not so much the case.. but he told me he is nervous these MFG have out priced the Middle class potential buyer ,and things will begin to slow as the market reacts to the $175k + WakeBoat market.

Leave a comment:

• mca1710
    replied
    Only inboards Facebook page has a x24 for 145,900 brand new 2019. It’s located in Norman, OK. That is a big discount for a new boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• jgraham37128
    replied
    My guess is 140K if it a sweet deal. It doesn't have the dual screen option which is very expensive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X