• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 MC Skier

Sold!
    Last edited by mfriese; 07-08-2020, 03:58 PM. Reason: sold

Very nice!

Are you sure that's an 83? Curved windshield? That dash looks older than 83 but I'm no expert.
    I was njskier on here.

Comment

Nice looking machine. Definitely an 83...two giveaways...

FYI: choke cap installed incorrectly....

Last edited by waterlogged882; 06-19-2020, 03:22 PM.
      93 190
      (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by Jerseydave View Post
        Very nice!

Are you sure that's an 83? Curved windshield? That dash looks older than 83 but I'm no expert.
        Maybe the "first half" 83 with wood stringers?
        1985 19 Skier (Stars & Stripes) - “Twinkle”
        2007 X2 - "The Sun Squirrel" - Sold
        2000 PS195 - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by JMLVMI View Post
          Maybe the "first half" 83 with wood stringers?
          Warm but still off base.

93 190
          (safe click)

Comment

Wood stringers, dash, doghouse, and curved windshield tells me it's not an '83.
            Hello, my name Ryan!

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
              Not wood stringers.

The dash is still out for conclusion, but I think I know why it is a little off from the trending year models.

I still say 83 up to this point. I could be wrong but it doesn't matter. The original poster never came back to fend for his boat. A one post troll.

Last edited by waterlogged882; 06-21-2020, 07:36 PM.
              93 190
              (safe click)

Comment

I used to own an 83.......my dash was different and I had the straight/angled windshield. This is a nice boat for whatever year it is.....

Comment

Michigan registration and Illinois plates on the trailer. Nice boat, but need more info, like HIN.
                  https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/302328.png
                  1988 prostar 190 SOLD
                  2001 Prostar 209 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
                    Not wood stringers.

The dash is still out for conclusion, but I think I know why it is a little off from the trending year models.

I still say 83 up to this point. I could be wrong but it doesn't matter. The original poster never came back to fend for his boat. A one post troll.

You have some secret ninja skills that I just don't know about The referenced boat above definitely has wood stringers, but as most of us know, mid '83 was the switch. Windshield throws me off. With it being rounded, I'm putting this boat at 1980.
                    Hello, my name Ryan!

Comment

You have some secret ninja skills that I just don't know about The referenced boat above definitely has wood stringers, but as most of us know, mid '83 was the switch. Windshield throws me off. With it being rounded, I'm putting this boat at 1980.
                      Look closely at the way the engine is mounted. The insets where the engine mounting brackets are set on an underfloor system (not stringer mounted as wood stringers are known).

Here is what is under the floor and the way the engine is mounted.

So for the sake of healthy exchange, what makes you think the stringers are wood?

I still have a theory on the deck but it makes no sense at this point.

On the other hand, I look at all of the upholstery and see the snaps on the passenger back rest. 83 was not like that. It has piano hinges for access to an open under deck storage compartment. This one does not have that. Dash is pre-83, rear bench seat is 80, 82, etc... The card deck is stacked against me.

I could very easily be incorrect but the way the engine is mounted is the first thing that I flinched my eyes at. Easily this could be an earlier model by all that others have pointed to. It's a long shot for me... I'm shooting in the dark...

Attached Files
                      93 190
                      (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

So for the sake of healthy exchange, what makes you think the stringers are wood?

Easily this could be an earlier model by all that others have pointed to. It's a long shot for me... I'm shooting in the dark...

The notches in the floor definitely make me think they are wood stringers. My '83 doesn't have the notches and are glasses. I'm doubling down saying the boat at 1980.

Take that, Mr. Waterlogged Ninja!
                        Hello, my name Ryan!

Comment

It’s an 83.

Comment

I left you a phone message at the number you posted Contact me for more info 847-502-1961. $6900. Illinois. Please take the time to return the call. Thanks
                            93 190
                            (safe click)

Comment

The notches in the floor definitely make me think they are wood stringers. My '83 doesn't have the notches and are glasses. I'm doubling down saying the boat at 1980.

Take that, Mr. Waterlogged Ninja!
                              Originally posted by mfriese View Post
                              It’s an 83.
                              Winner Winner Ninja dinner...

Confirmed by the seller Mark Friese in Libertyville, IL.

But until I see a photo of the hull ID, I'm still erroring on the side of anything is possible.

Last edited by waterlogged882; 07-02-2020, 06:00 PM.
                              93 190
                              (safe click)

Comment

Working...
                              X