Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Maristar 230 VRS X-30

Boat is SOLD. Thanks everyone.

In a market that is difficult to find nice pre-owned boats, here is a low hour 2004 Maristar 230 VRS that is essentially equivalent to the 23' X-30. This boat was purchased new in 2005 from a dealer who used it as a demo. It was optioned out with all of the same features as the X-30 model from that year, so the only difference is the graphics which I think are better looking and more refined on this boat. It has only 350 hours and is always stored indoors in climate controlled boat house--heated in winter and dehumidified in summer. The prop, shaft, and strut were recently replaced after an unfortunate encounter with a log. At that time the engine (MCX 350 hp) was tuned up with new distributor and spark plugs. Otherwise the boat has not required any major work other than routine maintenance, and it has never run better. A couple of years ago the rear ballast hard tanks were removed and upgraded to the Wakemakers rear ballast upgrade plus piggyback bow sacks that are integrated with the stock front ballast in the ski locker. The rear bags have a rated capacity of 910lbs, and the bow upgrade is 350lbs. The stock center bag is 400lbs, so if you fill everything up you get 1,660 lbs. This combined with the included wake gate creates a great surf wake, and with empty ballast it skis great for a boat this size. We rarely fill the ballasts completely. A Fresh Air Exhaust (FAE) system has been installed that minimizes carbon monoxide concerns and gives the boat a very quiet ride. The stereo is stock but still sounds great, the only issue is the CD player quit working but I installed a plug-in for an ipod. I did get a used replacement Clarion head unit but haven't bothered to install it since nobody listens to CDs anymore. The vinyl is original but in great condition for a boat this age. The small cracks that are typical for these boats have been patched by a vinyl repair shop. The tandem axle trailer has also been stored indoors, and the annoying oil bath hubs have been replaced with good ol' bearing buddies. The tires were replaced 2 years ago with Goodyear Endurance trailer tires and the trailer also includes a spare. This boat has about every option that was available in 2004, including:

-Full mooring cover
    -Bimini top
    -Heater
    -Hot water shower
    -Binding blaster binding lube dispenser
    -Tower has board and ski racks with two speaker cans with lights
    -Bow filler cushion
    -Cockpit table
    -Perfect pass cruise control

I am listing this beautiful well maintained boat for $35k. I've seen boats with more hours and worse condition sell in this range so I think it is a great opportunity for someone looking for a boat that does everything a family wants to do without having to spend over $100k, and there is still plenty of good boating weather to go until cold weather sets in. Since we are still using the boat, the hours may increase as time goes on.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DCG2004; 09-24-2020, 01:56 PM.

More pics of the 2004 Maristar 230 VRS

A few more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Still more pics of the 2004 Maristar 230 VRS

Here are a few more. I will get a few more interior shots tomorrow when the light is better.
      Attached Files

Comment

Great looking boat!

I have this same boat as a 2003. This looks great and I will attest that it will basically do everything that a boat which costs twice the price will do. GLWS!

Comment

If this boat is still available by the end of the weekend, I will be stunned. Holy cow. What a beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stunning Boat, GLWS

Comment

Still more pics of the 2004 Maristar 230 VRS

Here are still more pictures with some tempting smooth water in the background....
              Attached Files

Comment

Just one more

Just one more
                Attached Files

Comment

Did this boat come with the fiberglass swim platform instead of teak? Thanks

Comment

I believe it had teak originally, but I had them change to fiberglass before I bought it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Price drop--$35k!

Comment

Jeez, look brand new!
                        08 X30 - deader than dead...and crispy.

Comment

Working...
                        X