WTB 1983-1985 19 Skier - Stars & Stripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB 1983-1985 19 Skier - Stars & Stripes

I had a 1981 Stars and Stripes years ago but it was stolen. It’s time to get another one. Is anyone in the DFW area (300 miles) have one they want to sell?
    1981 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes
    351 - Powerslot
    Photos

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/bo...336546450.html
    Im not the owner just saw it listed. Slightly out of your range but worth a look.

Comment

I will be in Hot Springs tomorrow. If you want I could look at the one above for you, if interested? I could even FaceTime etc where you could look it over. My wife has seen it and mentioned it to me. Lol. I do not need a project at the moment. Just a thought. PM me if your interested.

Comment

That’s a little rough. I’m looking for the certain years for the fiberglass stringers. I dealt with stringer rot with my 81 and I’ll never do that again. Thanks for the offer.
        351 - Powerslot
        Photos

Comment

https://denver.craigslist.org/boa/d/...354602326.html

Comment

That looks like it'd be a great deal if it checked out. I'd be curious of the engine and stringers. Fiberglass started 83 and a half. And add claims a 350 engine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by paco_06 View Post
              That looks like it'd be a great deal if it checked out. I'd be curious of the engine and stringers. Fiberglass started 83 and a half. And add claims a 350 engine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I sent a request for more photos. I need an excuse to drive to Colorado.
              351 - Powerslot
              Photos

Comment

Originally posted by brianaw26 View Post
                As impractical as it may sound....I smell salt (two flags in the ad) and a rat. And the 350 engine is not what a fellow would be looking for in the 19Skier.

US $0.02

93 190
                (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by brianaw26 View Post
                  He responded sold.
                  351 - Powerslot
                  Photos

Comment

Bummer, looked like it could have been a good deal.

Comment

What is that vinyl stuff on the top hull of the early 80 models...can it be restored, stripped off or ?? Just curious.
                      1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

I ran into this one a few weeks ago. The gentleman said he thought it was an 81 or 82. He couldn't recall exactly when Mastercraft provided his last boat. He was a member of the ski team. He said it was the first time in 15 years it had been out of his barn. It fired up, but the water pump was leaking. I'm hpoing to see him out again. It was a great looking boat.
                        Attached Files
                        2016 X30

Comment

Deck texture

Originally posted by bret View Post
                          What is that vinyl stuff on the top hull of the early 80 models...can it be restored, stripped off or ?? Just curious.
                          I was told that MC lined the molds with the upholstery they were using at that time to create a gelcoat surface with better grip under foot. It certainly looks like that.

Comment

Originally posted by tph View Post
                            I was told that MC lined the molds with the upholstery they were using at that time .....
                            True. I have had several like that. In particular where it is evident by comparison, they used the interior from/for the deluxe option interior boats for that textured finish.

To bret: that cannot be removed per se'. There is one other thing you may be asking but I'll stop here.

93 190
                            (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by GoPokes View Post
                              I ran into this one a few weeks ago. The gentleman said he thought it was an 81 or 82. He couldn't recall exactly when Mastercraft provided his last boat. He was a member of the ski team. He said it was the first time in 15 years it had been out of his barn. It fired up, but the water pump was leaking. I'm hpoing to see him out again. It was a great looking boat.
                              From the photo, that is an 82...100% certain,
                              93 190
                              (safe click)

Comment

Working...
                              X