X Star Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Star Trailer

Figured I'd post this up just in case anyone was interested or in need of a trailer. I found a MC trailer the other day and reached out to the guy to see what model it fit. He said that he didn't know so I told him to send me pics of the plates and the one says xstar. He thinks it is around an 08 trailer but does not know for sure. He said he bought it from an old lady that said their boat caught on fire on the lift. The trailer is navy and he is asking $1000. You can tell it has been sitting in the sun in the pictures but doesn't look to have any rust to speak of in the pictures. I will try to post the facebook listing on here later. It is located in the DFW area.
    Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...a-7fd9977d9ab0

Comment

Interesting. I have an '08 single axle trailer for an X-1. I've thought about upgrading to the double axle. Any idea how it affects the overall height of the boat? I only have about a 1/2" clearance for my garage currently.

Comment

I got nothing on height.

You may very well know this and may not apply to your M.O.; going to a double axle removes all manual maneuvering around the garage or driveway. Doubles require mechanical maneuvering.

93 190
        John 14:6
        2 Peter 1:3–8
        Matthew 6:1-4

Comment

Originally posted by jewbacca View Post
          Interesting. I have an '08 single axle trailer for an X-1. I've thought about upgrading to the double axle. Any idea how it affects the overall height of the boat? I only have about a 1/2" clearance for my garage currently.
          You would have to change up the trailer quite a bit to fit your boat properly. I thought about getting it for my x14 but I didn't want the project.

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
            I got nothing on height.

You may very well know this and may not apply to your M.O.; going to a double axle removes all manual maneuvering around the garage or driveway. Doubles require mechanical maneuvering.

That's a good point. I don't do much manual maneuvering as is, but I do a little. The boat is heavy enough I can only push it around when it's in the garage on level ground. Even the very minor slope on the driveway is too much. I think my tongue weight is north of 250 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by peytonvp View Post
              You would have to change up the trailer quite a bit to fit your boat properly. I thought about getting it for my x14 but I didn't want the project.
              You'd have to narrow up the bunks? Anything else? I'm with you, that's probably more than I'd want to do.

I've been mostly happy with the single axle, but it's a lot of weight. Watching how much the tires flex over bumps gets me nervous from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by jewbacca View Post
                You'd have to narrow up the bunks? Anything else? I'm with you, that's probably more than I'd want to do.

I've been mostly happy with the single axle, but it's a lot of weight. Watching how much the tires flex over bumps gets me nervous from time to time.
                Bunks would need to be moved to support it properly and the boat would have extra trailer behind it if you didn't move the post back. Would probably look a little goofy.

Comment

You would need to have the bunk supports cut and rewelded into new positions. Also the winch / front support cut and moved. Plus repainting after the welding. Changed a welded trailer to fit a different boat is a decent amount of work. A trailer with bolted supports is way easier to change between boats, but then tends to get out of adjustment over time.

Comment

Working...
                  X