Teleflex Safe-T helm - new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teleflex Safe-T helm - new

Teleflex SH915231 Safe-T® QC Tilt Helm; in original packaging, never installed. Does not include tilt mechanism - helm only. $85.00 + $18 shipping.

Heck of a deal right here.
    Last edited by waterlogged882; 11-14-2022, 10:07 PM.
    93 190
    (safe click)
    John 14:6
    (safe click)

Comment

I wonder how easy the tilt helm is to source.

Comment

Originally posted by tph View Post
        I wonder how easy the tilt helm is to source.
        Now you have my curiosity up. I have not seen the tilt add-on but it may very well be there.

Upon further looking, a tilt unit is mentioned (but not available) here.

Then, there is the other option of another setup with rack and pinion mechanics.

Here is the tilt feature for the helm.

I have tilt on my daily driver and like it. Makes getting in and out of the seat (and seat adjustment with different drivers) more convenient.

Last edited by waterlogged882; 11-14-2022, 10:24 PM.
        93 190
        (safe click)
        John 14:6
        (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
          Heck of a deal right here.
          Yes, it is a good deal. I'm clearing out a bunch of stuff I'll probably never use, and I hope someone can use this. I think I got it for a '92 PS190 and the problem was the tilt mechanism and not the helm. Or it may have been another in a long line of 190s.

Comment

I'm interested in this, as I started to get some strange noises from my steering recently. Boat is winterized so I can't test it now. '92 PS 205 w/ original tilt helm. The tilt function seems to work fine. But recently I would hear a grinding or rattling type noise if I quickly spun the wheel from lock to lock, esp at low speed. It seemed to be coming from what looks like the helm, but didn't have time to track down as it was end of season and noise was not a constant.
            If anyone can confirm this noise is most likely from the helm and this part will fix it - and is compatible with the assumed to be still good OEM tilt...I will take it! Sorry for the questions.....

Comment

Working...
            X