Airguide 2025 Speedometers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airguide 2025 Speedometers

I have a pair of NOS Airguide Speedometers. They should drop into the dash of many older MC's starting with the 1984 model year. Or, you may be able to use them to replace the internals in your existing speedometer. $100 apiece plus shipping
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tph; 11-02-2021, 08:57 PM.

Airguide speedos

Bump Bump
    Last edited by tph; 11-02-2021, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Speedometers available

NOS Airguide Speedometers.

Comment

Got a picture of the back?
        1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

Another Pic

Originally posted by bret View Post
          Got a picture of the back?

Here ya go:
          Attached Files

Comment

Interest?

Please let me know if anyone is interested. They are going on Ebay next week.

Thanks.

Comment

I'll take one if you can verify the outside diameter of the back of the gauge. I'm sure that it will fit but I'd like to be 100% sure. I can check mine tomorrow.

I've been wanting to do the gps conversion on my gauge but I didn't want to gut my mine without having a backup. Has anyone done the Airglide speedometer conversion?
              “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

Originally posted by ahhudgins View Post
                I'll take one if you can verify the outside diameter of the back of the gauge. I'm sure that it will fit but I'd like to be 100% sure. I can check mine tomorrow.

I've been wanting to do the gps conversion on my gauge but I didn't want to gut my mine without having a backup. Has anyone done the Airglide speedometer conversion?
                Done conversions on several of our neighborhood boats.....pretty easy and straightforward.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
                Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyB View Post
                  Done conversions on several of our neighborhood boats.....pretty easy and straightforward.

Go watch the youtube videos on the nautic laugic site, too!! You will get a feel for it.

Also, if you convert, can i have the guts of the airguide? I am finishing restoring an 86 Prostar 200 and want it as close to factory as I can get.

Comment

More Info

Here's the info for the diameter:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another GPS method

I mounted a small Garmin GPS unit on my dash pod and use it to calibrate the stock Airguide Speedometers. Works great. It may not be a good solution if you are having problems with your Airguides, but mine are working fine and they match the indicated GPS speeds very well.

Comment

Originally posted by tph View Post
                        I mounted a small Garmin GPS unit on my dash pod and use it to calibrate the stock Airguide Speedometers. Works great. It may not be a good solution if you are having problems with your Airguides, but mine are working fine and they match the indicated GPS speeds very well.
                        Once you calibrate them they are good for a while.

Most of mine and neighbors boats now have 1 converted to GPS and 1 pitot or paddle wheel. At peak/high water, the current is 4mph on our river which is quite a difference at surface speed v. Gps.

Comment

Originally posted by tph View Post
                          Here's the info for the diameter:
                          That's the correct diameter. My Maristar only has one speedometer and the pitot is always getting clogged with the debris in our lake. The GPS conversion will solve the debris problem, but it won't solve the driver inattention issue. I'm sure that at some point I will hear complaints about the GPS version and I will end up putting the mechanical one back in.

Let me know how you want payment....I have paypal. Send me a PM with the info.
                          Thanks.
                          “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

Current

Originally posted by JohnnyB View Post
                            Once you calibrate them they are good for a while.

Most of mine and neighbors boats now have 1 converted to GPS and 1 pitot or paddle wheel. At peak/high water, the current is 4mph on our river which is quite a difference at surface speed v. Gps.

Ah, I didn't think about river current. I haven't boated on a river in quite a while.

Comment

Speedo Purchase

That's the correct diameter. My Maristar only has one speedometer and the pitot is always getting clogged with the debris in our lake. The GPS conversion will solve the debris problem, but it won't solve the driver inattention issue. I'm sure that at some point I will hear complaints about the GPS version and I will end up putting the mechanical one back in.

Let me know how you want payment....I have paypal. Send me a PM with the info.
                              Thanks.

Will do.

Comment

Working...
                              X