broken panoramic mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken panoramic mirror

Any option in getting a replacement mirror for a broken panoramic mirror, other than buying the whole mirror and frame with the mirror already in it?

Not the same failure but my clamp knob seized on my PTM Edge mirror bracket. I contacted them and they fixed it gratis. Great service...not sure what mirror you have though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

If it's a PTM I believe they make replacement lens.

Comment

broken clearview billet panoramic mirror by Geremarie

Hey Thank you for the replies - any help is appreciated.
        My mirror is the "Clearview billet panoramic mirror" by Geremarie.
        The dealer says MasterCraft is telling them there's not a replacement available for just the mirror/lens. Have to buy the whole billeted housing (w the mirror in it) at around $700 or the entire assembly for over $800.
        I took it to a local glass shop and they said since it's so curved they couldn't help me.
        Last edited by Dan B; 06-26-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan B View Post
          Hey Thank you for the replies - any help is appreciated.
          My mirror is the "Clearview billet panoramic mirror" by Geremarie.
          The dealer says MasterCraft is telling them there's not a replacement available for just the mirror/lens. Have to buy the whole billeted housing (w the mirror in it) at around $700 or the entire assembly for over $800.
          I took it to a local glass shop and they said since it's so curved they couldn't help me.
          If it were me and I had to go this route I'd switch over to the PTM. At least if it goes bad or breaks again you'd be able to get a replacement lens. There stuff is far from cheap. The billet mirror is $400 and if you need an adapter to use with your current mounting arm you're talking another $70 or $250 if you want the complete billet mount. I just bought the Pro Combo and got 20% off just buy calling them. I'd give the a call or write support and see what they can do for you. I think you'll find their support and products are top shelf.

Comment

You can get an easy 10% off the PTM billet mirror by going to Wakemakers and entering the TT discount code. That’s what I did when I got mine. It’s not as good as the 20% you may be able to get for the factory but it is a sure thing.

I suspect that your mirror is windshield, not tower mounted, and the PTM billet mirror (https://www.wakemakers.com/ptm-edge-...te-mirror.html) should bolt right to it. If I misunderstood your application and your mirror is tower mounted, not windshield, I picked up this Roswell tower arm: https://www.wakemakers.com/roswell-e...irror-arm.html, and it was the most solid, flexible arm I‘ve ever seen, really well designed. It is also compatible with the mirror above.

FWIW, in looking at the pictures of the MC Clearview Pano Mirror https://mcpartsdepot.com/collections...vr140-protomet, it looks almost exactly like the PTM unit With a different logo on the aluminum. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is OEMed from PTM, with only the logo being changed. Well, that and a 100% markup. It might be worth giving PTM a call to see what they say. You may get lucky and just be able to get the replacement glass from them.

—Sky
            ------------------------------------------------
            2006 X-1 Pumpkin Orange SOLD
            2013 X25 Black, Green & Orange

Comment

Like Sky said it’s rebranded PTM, just order a replacement lens from PTM. Call them for proper size. I got mine within a week. Very easy to install yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Warranty!

Comment

Working...
                X