• Show
Clear All

• 1995 Prostar 205 Trailer

Looking for a Prostar 205 Trailer.
    Thx
    Cj
    920-904-6099
    [email protected]

Bought a replacement trailer for a 1997 prostar 205. Arrives tomorrow. Now trying to decide if I should "restore/refresh" it before putting the boat on and what to do with the old rotten one.

Comment

Originally posted by ctjahn View Post
      Bought a replacement trailer for a 1997 prostar 205. Arrives tomorrow. Now trying to decide if I should "restore/refresh" it before putting the boat on and what to do with the old rotten one.
      off course refresh bearings, brakes, br accuator, bunks, wench strap.

Post for sale, you never know. You can always scrap it, if beyond useable.
      sigpic Ayyyy!

2004 Red/White/Black something or other.

Formally, 1994 RED Mastercraft 205, Chevy 5.7 TBI.

Comment

Originally posted by etduc View Post
        off course refresh bearings, brakes, br accuator, bunks, wench strap.

Post for sale, you never know. You can always scrap it, if beyond useable.
        I couldnt subject TT members to this disaster. (old one). While I did get a deal on the new one I am disappointed with what I got. My fault for buying site unseen.... Frame is good and solid but thats it. Does have a Fulton jack, and winch which is big money.

One of the drums was removed and a halfazz hub installed without capping the brake line when it appears a bearing let go. One of the leaf spring mounts was burned down to virtually nothing. The other one replaced with a mismatched u-bolt. Rollers are shot. Bunks need replacement, fenders are broken (which I expected.).

So. Old trailer will hopefully hold up for a few hour trip on vacation, and home while the old one while I hope to do a restoration on the "new" trailer this winter if room allows. Bunks, rollers, bearings, paint, lights, etc.

But again my fault for not getting more pictures and blindly trusting a TT member.

Comment

Never mind, I read the rest of your thread and see you bought a trailer. Congrats, good for you!

Jeff

Comment

Yup

Well, here it is. The new to me trailer.

Planned restoration over the winter. Hope to steal my current fenders which are in better condition (you cant see the one tore up from a blowout), but plan on gutting it and rebuild since the boat is on the old rusty one.

Doing it with the boat off is a lot easier (I hope). I did my 78 trailer with the boat on and that was miserable!
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X