Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tower tow swivel/light assembly

Hey Guys,
    Previous marina I dealt with was forking my boat into the garage storage and clipped the tower tow swivel/light assembly and busted it in half.

I need to replace everything but am having a time trying to find anything on the market.

It’s a ZFT3 unit, the usual guys like great lakes skipper, mcpartsdepot, do not have anything in stock. None of my local dealers up here in Canada can source it.

I’m even asking people with busted towers if I could part out the piece to sell me.

I’ve got part numbers for the unit, and for the individual pieces to repair it but still no luck.
    Please let me know if you have any other ideas.
    Thanks
    Ryan
    07 X30
    Attached Files

I went to the old post and got the part number… isn’t this it?

https://mcpartsdepot.com/products/to...1-48-t7-a0-000

And here is the original post when someone else needed it for reference to anyone else:

teamtalk.mastercraft.com/showthread.php?t=102049

Comment

Keen to see what you find as I have a similar issue. I tried to replace the anchor light on top as well as find a replacement for the broken swivel bushing, and that top aluminum block (7 in the diagram) stripped the thread on the way out. I don't think is has ever been touched in 20 years ...

After a few months of searching I have found an engineering company that is going to make me this part, as well as turn a new swivel from Acetal plastic. The cost is about 50% of a new tower so not worth replacing the tower but not a cheap solution either so I am still looking....

Never found a replacement aluminum threaded top for my tower ( original '99 Zero flex tower) but if you do find one please take a pic and let us know.
      Cheers

Mark

'99 Mastercraft ProStar 205 330-LTR

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron0586 View Post
        I went to the old post and got the part number… isn’t this it?

https://mcpartsdepot.com/products/to...1-48-t7-a0-000

And here is the original post when someone else needed it for reference to anyone else:

teamtalk.mastercraft.com/showthread.php?t=102049

I’d buy the whole unit, but MC parts depot doesn’t ship to Canada. Like, what year are they living in? Seriously. Here’s my money. Call fedex. Ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterfoilcraft View Post
          I’d buy the whole unit, but MC parts depot doesn’t ship to Canada. Like, what year are they living in? Seriously. Here’s my money. Call fedex. Ffs.
          If you cant find it elsewhere, there are lots of companies that will receive your US shipment and then reship to you in Canada. I have had to use them in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
            If you cant find it elsewhere, there are lots of companies that will receive your US shipment and then reship to you in Canada. I have had to use them in the past.
            Yep, that's exactly what we have to do Downunder. Due to Distribution Agreements some online retailers are not allowed to sell outside the USA. The local Stealership charges AU$120 for an intank fuel filter I can buy on MC Parts Depot for $20. Using 3rd party shipping costs extra but but still nowhere near the Stealership.

PS it also beats having to pay an engineering shop to custom make you a part - mine is no longer in stock or being made so I have no choice...
            Cheers

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark rsa2au View Post
              Keen to see what you find as I have a similar issue. I tried to replace the anchor light on top as well as find a replacement for the broken swivel bushing, and that top aluminum block (7 in the diagram) stripped the thread on the way out. I don't think is has ever been touched in 20 years ...

After a few months of searching I have found an engineering company that is going to make me this part, as well as turn a new swivel from Acetal plastic. The cost is about 50% of a new tower so not worth replacing the tower but not a cheap solution either so I am still looking....

Never found a replacement aluminum threaded top for my tower ( original '99 Zero flex tower) but if you do find one please take a pic and let us know.
              Have you tried contacting Wayne at New Dimension ?

https://www.newdimensiontowers.com/
              2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
                Have you tried contacting Wayne at New Dimension ?

https://www.newdimensiontowers.com/
                Thanks for the heads up, I will contact them now!
                Cheers

Mark

Comment

Wayne can be hard to get a hold of sometimes, just keep trying. My best results have been by email.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

have a couple towers off a 2004 x30 that might work for you

Comment

if you need it if you pay for shipping will give the part for free thanks Greg 720-933-4497

Comment

Working...
                      X