X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double D
    replied
    Originally posted by sully View Post
    Hey Double D, I currently run a Acme 1581 13" dia x 11.5" pitch 1581. Which I have no real complaints about. But my goal with a new prop is to try soften wakes. After consulting with both prop companies I decided to try a OJ 12.5" dia x 12" pitch. four blade prop OJ part number 418-MF. Without going into to many details Eric and OJ had a great return policy if the new prop didn't work out. Can't wait till spring to try it out.
    Hope it works out for you. During my testing jkski was generous enough to let me try his spare prop for his 40th 197, which is an OJ #710-MF, 13" dia x 14.5 pitch - 4 blade, and the prop was a strong prop, but the wake felt much larger. Once I pulled it and skied the 1253 the wake was back to normal. Hopefully that won't be the case for you.

Leave a comment:

• sully
    replied
    Hey Double D, I currently run a Acme 1581 13" dia x 11.5" pitch 1581. Which I have no real complaints about. But my goal with a new prop is to try soften wakes. After consulting with both prop companies I decided to try a OJ 12.5" dia x 12" pitch. four blade prop OJ part number 418-MF. Without going into to many details Eric and OJ had a great return policy if the new prop didn't work out. Can't wait till spring to try it out.

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    Originally posted by sully View Post
    If anyone else is looking for a Used OJ Prop I have used 13x11 3-Blade part #342, $150 plus Shipping. Was the stock prop off my 2009 X14 with MCX and 1:1 transmission
    https://www.ojprops.com/products/skipro/
    What prop did you end up putting on it?

Leave a comment:

• sully
    replied
    If anyone else is looking for a Used OJ Prop I have used 13x11 3-Blade part #342, $150 plus Shipping. Was the stock prop off my 2009 X14 with MCX and 1:1 transmission
    https://www.ojprops.com/products/skipro/

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    Originally posted by Streak View Post
    If you don't mind me asking - why are you changing it out - performance?
    My X14 has the 6 Liter LY6 with the 1.22 transmission. The same boat with the most popular MCX Engine and 1:1 transmission has the 13x11. All MasterCraft did with my package was to put a 13 x 12 on it.

The first time running the boat I thought it was the wrong prop. The 35 mph RPM was a very noisy 4200, and without mufflers, it’s quite loud. Regardless of the noise, I wanted a prop that gets me a good holeshot but has a lower RPM at 35 mph slalom speed, which is inline with pretty much every ski boat out there.

I used an Acme 1281 for a while but the holeshot just wasn’t where I wanted it, so I tested a 1253 and 1171 this past fall. Kept the 1253 as my main prop, sent the 1171 back, the 1281 becomes my back up, and the original OJ got sold.

Leave a comment:

• Streak
    replied
    If you don't mind me asking - why are you changing it out - performance?

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    This prop is SOLD!! All the way to France.

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    This prop is still available.

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    Still available...

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    started a topic Used OJ 13x12 3-Blade

Used OJ 13x12 3-Blade

FOR SALE!! $150 plus Shipping. Used OJ Prop 13 Dia x 12 Pitch x .65 Cup, 1 1/8" Dia Splined. Was the stock prop off my 2008 ProStar X14.

Working...
X