2012 Radar Theory - Whats it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Radar Theory - Whats it worth?

Found a guy on CL selling a 2012 Radar Theory 67" with RTP for $275... Is this a good deal? I haven't been able to find any recent for postings on this ski to get a good idea of it's value but it sounds like it's the kind of ski I'm looking for to up my game without draining my savings.

Try looking on Ski-it-again. What bindings are on the ski and what is the condition of it?

Comment

Condition is like new. Skied maybe 5 times and not a nick or scratch on it. I believe they are 2012 vector bindings with RTP.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

And I looked on Ski-it-again, newer models are selling for around $400 it looks like.

Comment

You can get the Katana (Theory replacement) with front Vector and rear toe piece for $430 at wakehouse.com. In my opinion, a 5-year-old ski in nearly perfect condition should be priced at half of current retail price or lower. I would not go any higher than $200 for this ski. But I'm cheap.

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty cheap myself, that's why I'm looking at a used ski. Is there really a significant difference between the two skis that would make the Katana that much better for the price?

Comment

Pending the bindings that's not a bad deal. As others have said check ski it again.

Generally newer is better as they change shapes and/or fiberglass layup options as they learn from the high end skis. At this price it's probably at a point where if you buy it and don't like you couldly probably sell for and not lose much if anything.

Comment

That makes sense, there's just not a huge market for skis in my neck of the woods. This one is a couple hundred miles away even, but the wife is heading through so I thought it could work. And anything is a step up from what I've been skiing on the last few years.

Comment

Ski it again has lots of options so don't feel compelled to buy just due to proximity. Shipping a ski isn't that costly - $30-40.

Comment

Working...
                  X