Middle Jump Seat for 91-95 Prostar 205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle Jump Seat for 91-95 Prostar 205

Hi Teamtalk, wondering if anyone knows of, or has a middle jump seat that they would be willing to part with for a 94 prostar 205? I see there are various threads where people have made them DIY, and honestly I don't even know if this was an OEM option. I just know I would really like to come up with a solution by the start of next season.

Don't care on condition, will replace parts as necessary.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Huckelfin View Post
    Hi Teamtalk, wondering if anyone knows of, or has a middle jump seat that they would be willing to part with for a 94 prostar 205? I see there are various threads where people have made them DIY, and honestly I don't even know if this was an OEM option. I just know I would really like to come up with a solution by the start of next season.

Don't care on condition, will replace parts as necessary.

Thanks!
    I gave one to a fellow last week. Practically new. After I got to looking into the application, this seat (as I suspect most OEM jumps) is 15" wide. It came out of a 209. I don't think the 205 offered that option in 94, which to my point your walkway is 13.5" wide. My friend is going to dissect it and make it fit his 94 205.

I could be wrong about the seat being available in 94 (91-94, 4th gen. era) but I do not recall ever seeing one. The 95 is a different hull (dimensions).

Also look for the other half of the hinges on the back part (if it is required...different makes for different models). The one I let go had half of the sliding hinges on the back...the other half went with the boat when it sold. The hinges are available; just a point of awareness.

93 190

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

I gave one to a fellow last week. Practically new. After I got to looking into the application, this seat (as I suspect most OEM jumps) is 15" wide. It came out of a 209. I don't think the 205 offered that option in 94, which to my point your walkway is 13.5" wide. My friend is going to dissect it and make it fit his 94 205.

I could be wrong about the seat being available in 94 (91-94, 4th gen. era) but I do not recall ever seeing one. The 95 is a different hull (dimensions).

Also look for the other half of the hinges on the back part (if it is required...different makes for different models). The one I let go had half of the sliding hinges on the back...the other half went with the boat when it sold. The hinges are available; just a point of awareness.

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Huckelfin
        TT Enthusiast
        Huckelfin
        waterlogged882
        MC Master Poster
        waterlogged882 It was an option on the 94 PS 205 as mine came with one. Here are pictures of the seat and a waterski article listing it as an option called Observer Seat Extension . I still own it but it is being used by a friend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9873.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	2695231

Name:	Article.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	506.5 KB
ID:	2695232
        If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
        1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post

Huckelfin
          TT Enthusiast
          Huckelfin
          waterlogged882
          MC Master Poster
          waterlogged882 It was an option on the 94 PS 205 as mine came with one. Here are pictures of the seat and a waterski article listing it as an option called Observer Seat Extension . I still own it but it is being used by a friend.
          Thank you. Now I recall this same conversation we had on faceplace. I stand gratefully and humbly corrected and schooled.

And therefore, this slide-in version does not have the aforementioned hinges.

93 190

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post

Huckelfin
            TT Enthusiast
            Huckelfin
            waterlogged882
            MC Master Poster

Name:	IMG_9873.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	2695231

Name:	Article.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	506.5 KB
ID:	2695232
            Oh man, that is perfect, thank you for commenting. Will definitely be on the lookout for one of these. If you ever have an opportunity to pull dimensions on that, i would be very grateful.

Comment

Oh man, that is perfect, thank you for commenting. Will definitely be on the lookout for one of these. If you ever have an opportunity to pull dimensions on that, i would be very grateful.
              OHIOPRO205
              TT Enthusiast
              OHIOPRO205 could pull some dimensions for you.
              If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
              1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

I had one in my 1995 PS205. Here is a picture of it. I think it was actually for a 1996-1998 PS205 but it worked for us. Unfortunately, I no longer have the seat or the boat.
                Attached Files
                2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

So I was thinking this could be as simple as taking a 91-94 PS190 seat bottom, and make a support brace on the right side to make this look as OEM as possible. Might even have a shot of getting the exact vinyl. Then for the seat back, follow 197 design of the hinged walkthru seatback? I have a buddy with a 190 so I will test this out to see if its possible. The footprint looks to be the same or vey close on the curved part of the bench seat.

Comment

So I was thinking this could be as simple as taking a 91-94 PS190 seat bottom, and make a support brace on the right side to make this look as OEM as possible. Might even have a shot of getting the exact vinyl. Then for the seat back, follow 197 design of the hinged walkthru seatback? I have a buddy with a 190 so I will test this out to see if its possible. The footprint looks to be the same or vey close on the curved part of the bench seat.
                    I found the hinges on the internet machine a while back when I was hacking out this topic. .

Click image for larger version  Name:	hinges01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.9 KB ID:	2695327
                    93 190

Comment

I found the hinges on the internet machine a while back when I was hacking out this topic. .
                      Only problem now, is that the 190 seat is probably going to be even more difficult to find than the jump seat! At least I will have a design inspiration if I need to make it custom.

Comment

Only problem now, is that the 190 seat is probably going to be even more difficult to find than the jump seat! At least I will have a design inspiration if I need to make it custom.
                        A seat can't be that difficult to build whichever style you choose. This came out of a 209, 15" wide.

. Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170447.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.57 MB ID:	2695350

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170448.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.36 MB ID:	2695356

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170442.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	2695357
                        waterlogged882
                        MC Master Poster
                        Last edited by waterlogged882; 12-03-2021, 07:06 PM.
                        93 190

Comment

Working...
                        X