Wtb 2009 or newer Mastercraft 214 DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtb 2009 or newer Mastercraft 214 DD

Looking for a 2009 or newer Mastercraft 214 direct drive. Preferably blue, red, white, or a combination of them. Not interested in a X14 because of the hard ballast tanks. Let me know if you are considering selling or know someone that might.

thanks!
    Brandon
    317-339-2776

First, why not 2008?
    second, Don’t be too scared of the tanks. I and a few others with the X14, removed them.
    There is a 2008 X14 for sale in Akron, OH right now.
    If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
    1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

I actually had a 2009 X-14 and sold it out of frustration - bad move. I almost cut the tanks out, but there were a few other things that I just didn't like about that particular boat so decided to sell instead.

Yea, would entertain a 2008 boat, but really like the interior improvements made in the '09 model year. We are not boat-less, so I'm not in a hurry and decided to be picky and wait on the right boat to come along. There is a 2011 in your area (white/blue) that would fit the bill perfectly - just need it to go on the market and I'd be set.

Comment

No reason to exclude an '07 or '08. Yeah the interiors are slightly different, but most of the interiors are on borrowed time at this point, whether it is '07 or '09+. If you want a 214 bc of the ballast tanks, they are easy to remove, as mentioned. If it is bc of the X series tower, that too is an easy item to remove and patch. Keep in mind tht the 214's had towers as an option.

Great boat, I had a few, wish I kept one of them.
        Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Still looking. I do see a couple of X14's on Facebook and a 214 is out there but it's quite a hike away. Hoping someone in the Midwest with a 214 will get the itch to upgrade to a Prostar. Seems like a lot of boats are owned in Ohio.

Anyone know if gts-20 ever sold his, or where eficalibrator's boat went?

Comment

Originally posted by BAdair View Post
            Still looking. I do see a couple of X14's on Facebook and a 214 is out there but it's quite a hike away. Hoping someone in the Midwest with a 214 will get the itch to upgrade to a Prostar. Seems like a lot of boats are owned in Ohio.

Anyone know if gts-20 ever sold his, or where eficalibrator's boat went?
            Pretty sure GTS-20 kept his, for now. I know several people on this list for that one. How are the prices and quality of what your seeing? There was one, white and blue, local in Ohio recently, did you see that one?

Comment

Prices are definitely still up. About $10k more than what they were a couple of years ago for comparable DD's - some way more than that. All of the 214v's out there (and there are quite a few) are newer and running about 10-20K more than the DD's (not looking for a v tho). I've not been able to see anything in-person lately so can't attest to quality. Pictures look good but we all know how that can be misleading.

I saw the black/white x-14 in Akron, but no blue. I'd still rather have a 214 but if the right x14 comes along I'll definitely consider it - and cut out the tanks as John mentioned.

Comment

Prices are definitely still up. About $10k more than what they were a couple of years ago for comparable DD's - some way more than that. All of the 214v's out there (and there are quite a few) are newer and running about 10-20K more than the DD's (not looking for a v tho). I've not been able to see anything in-person lately so can't attest to quality. Pictures look good but we all know how that can be misleading.

I saw the black/white x-14 in Akron, but no blue. I'd still rather have a 214 but if the right x14 comes along I'll definitely consider it - and cut out the tanks as John mentioned.
                Yep, black and white in Akron. I do need to say, $41K is just a bit less than I paid in late 2018 out of Canada so I am fine with that number. If you need me to put eyes on it, let me know. Just 20 minutes away. And I have a entire thread on here about tank removal.

Comment

Cool - thanks. I'll let you know. Also - I know you hang out with another Ohio 214 that has the Mini-Tower. Is it so low that it's a pain, and you have to duck a lot, or is it fine?

Comment

Cool - thanks. I'll let you know. Also - I know you hang out with another Ohio 214 that has the Mini-Tower. Is it so low that it's a pain, and you have to duck a lot, or is it fine?
                    I'm 6'-3" and am in that 214 a lot. You do get used to it and just hang on to it when sitting and standing as you roll out from under it. I would say that I have hit my speakers in my X14 (since I have 4) more than his tower. The biggest issue he has is the speakers that hang on his mini-tower, he cant open the engine box very far.

Comment

Working...
                    X