WTB 205V Bow Vent Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB 205V Bow Vent Covers

Looking for a pair of new vent covers. Not having any luck finding these, if anyone has a pair for sale it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Bought mine from dealer. Are they not making them anymore?

Comment

That's the word I'm getting. Contacted Mastercraft by design hoping to even find billet if need be but nope.

Comment

Need to find someone with access to a 3D printer and scanner, have them scan it, and print a bunch out.

Comment

I've been cutting vents out for 84 generation boats on CNC Plasma table. Not familiar with your boats vents can you send me a picture might be able to burn some out? Do you still have the vents that we could get dimensions off?

Comment

Looks like this: http://mcpartsdepot.com/collections/...ob-ps-x1-99-12

Comment

hmmm. The shape would be easy enough to plasma cut. Is there "contour" on the back side to match hull shape? Could it be cut from flat Aluminum plate and easily ground to match? I'd guess machining (not what I do) would give the best product but price would be painful.

Comment

Yes, it is bent. Maybe this weekend I can get a picture of what my cover looks like underneath.

Comment

Here are some pictures:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1156.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	2347365

Name:	IMG_1157.jpg
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	2347366

Name:	IMG_1158.jpg
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	2347367

Name:	IMG_1159.jpg
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	2347368

Comment

Not sure I can help. I could easily plasma cut 1/4" aluminum on the flat. The trick would be getting the bend. There is a chance I could make a wood form and bend the aluminum to match?? I'm willing to try if someone is brave enough to ship me a vent (or both) to make the forms from. Im sure they could be machined but I wouldn't want to pay that bill

Comment

I'm not going to send one off right now, maybe in the future. I am considering making a mold and building some out of gel coat and fiberglass. That probably wont happen any time too soon though.

Comment

yes your best bet is to use that to make a mold
                        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

I could machine them easy enough, the problem is creating the solid model. I'll check to see if our faro arm has the capability to scan but I don't think we purchased that option on it. I have brand new 205v vent covers to use that I bought as spares so if I can scan them I'll make some. Again though, I don't think we have the software to do it.

Comment

Checked today and we don't have it.

Comment

Originally posted by MI_Corey View Post
                              Checked today and we don't have it.
                              That's too bad. Having those in aluminum that you could polish/powder coat/whatever would be great. My plastic is a bit cracked around the screw holes and is starting to yellow a bit.
                              2002 X-Star w/ LTR

Comment

Working...
                              X