X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpokaneSteve
    replied
    Corey:

Those would be sweet in aluminum! Is there a scan service one could be sent to?

Cheers, Steve.

Leave a comment:

• MI_Corey
    replied
    Originally posted by G-Star View Post
    That's too bad. Having those in aluminum that you could polish/powder coat/whatever would be great. My plastic is a bit cracked around the screw holes and is starting to yellow a bit.
    I may still mess with modeling them but it will be a lot of trial and error.

Leave a comment:

• G-Star
    replied
    Originally posted by MI_Corey View Post
    Checked today and we don't have it.
    That's too bad. Having those in aluminum that you could polish/powder coat/whatever would be great. My plastic is a bit cracked around the screw holes and is starting to yellow a bit.

Leave a comment:

• MI_Corey
    replied
    Checked today and we don't have it.

Leave a comment:

• MI_Corey
    replied
    I could machine them easy enough, the problem is creating the solid model. I'll check to see if our faro arm has the capability to scan but I don't think we purchased that option on it. I have brand new 205v vent covers to use that I bought as spares so if I can scan them I'll make some. Again though, I don't think we have the software to do it.

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied
    yes your best bet is to use that to make a mold

Leave a comment:

• msa2319
    replied
    I'm not going to send one off right now, maybe in the future. I am considering making a mold and building some out of gel coat and fiberglass. That probably wont happen any time too soon though.

Leave a comment:

• dichdoc
    replied
    Not sure I can help. I could easily plasma cut 1/4" aluminum on the flat. The trick would be getting the bend. There is a chance I could make a wood form and bend the aluminum to match?? I'm willing to try if someone is brave enough to ship me a vent (or both) to make the forms from. Im sure they could be machined but I wouldn't want to pay that bill

Leave a comment:

• msa2319
    replied
    Here are some pictures:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1156.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	2347365

Name:	IMG_1157.jpg
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	2347366

Name:	IMG_1158.jpg
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	2347367

Name:	IMG_1159.jpg
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	2347368

Leave a comment:

• Tsumi
    replied
    Yes, it is bent. Maybe this weekend I can get a picture of what my cover looks like underneath.

Leave a comment:

• dichdoc
    replied
    hmmm. The shape would be easy enough to plasma cut. Is there "contour" on the back side to match hull shape? Could it be cut from flat Aluminum plate and easily ground to match? I'd guess machining (not what I do) would give the best product but price would be painful.

Leave a comment:

• Tsumi
    replied
    Looks like this: http://mcpartsdepot.com/collections/...ob-ps-x1-99-12

Leave a comment:

• dichdoc
    replied
    I've been cutting vents out for 84 generation boats on CNC Plasma table. Not familiar with your boats vents can you send me a picture might be able to burn some out? Do you still have the vents that we could get dimensions off?

Leave a comment:

• Tsumi
    replied
    Need to find someone with access to a 3D printer and scanner, have them scan it, and print a bunch out.

Leave a comment:

• msa2319
    replied
    That's the word I'm getting. Contacted Mastercraft by design hoping to even find billet if need be but nope.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X