• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlane330
    TT Enthusiast
    • Aug 2016

WTB: X1 or X2 (205v)

I've lurked on this site for a long time, and am finally in a position to start looking seriously for a real wake boat. I'm specifically interested in the 205V hull based boats, and am willing to drive a long distance and pay a fair price for the right boat.

Desired: Red/White color scheme (although will consider other colors), MCX engine, Perfect Pass, tandem axle trailer with folding tongue. I don't particularly care about fancy stereo's, tower speakers, lights, or extra ballast. Just looking for a good, solid, mechanically sound stock boat. Really prefer the '03/04 tower design, but will consider '05/06 as well.

Would prefer to find a pristine example with low hours (wouldn't we all), but will consider boats that need some interior work or that have single axle trailers.

If you have one, or know of one for sale, please send me some info. Thank you!
  • Canadianwake
    TT Newbie
    • Jul 2016

I just recently bought one and it took a long time to find the right one as a lot of people are looking for the 205v hull. you should be good to find one this time of year tho.
    I'm up in Canada and see some for sale in Ontario. Some nice x1's and x2's also. I can send you some links if you are willing to drive that far

Comment

• markmcfarland
      MC Devotee
      • Jul 2013

My old 03 might be for sale. But it misses several of your requirements. It's blue white, 750 hours 2 years ago, predater engine, single axle trailer. Price would likely be around 25. One thing I can tell you is its a solid boat. Only thing ever had to be replace was the fuel pump 2 years ago. I never had to have anything done to it. I know the guy I sold it to and he's as mcocd as I was. If you have any interest pm me and I can find out more info. If not interested I understand since it misses on most of your requirements.

Comment

• wheelerd
        MC Devotee
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by jlane330 View Post
        Really prefer the '03/04 tower design, but will consider '05/06 as well.
        Curious why the tower preference? The swivel racks from 05 on are sure nice!
        Good luck with the search. Love mine and don't plan to part with it for a loooooong time.
        2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KBS, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate
        (previous) 2001 X5, 1991 TriStar 190

Comment

• trickskier
          MC Master Poster
          • Aug 2004

If you want a mechanically sound boat that's in pristine condition check out my 2006 X1. Read the comments by other members on how I take care of my boats. I have attached a few pics link to thread below:

PM me if you're interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).jpg
Views:	4
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	2365432

Name:	018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	2365433

Name:	006.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	2365434

Name:	017.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	2365435

Name:	irocklair.jpg
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	2365436
          The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word

Comment

• Canadianwake
            TT Newbie
            • Jul 2016

Nice looking boat trickskier. Have you upgraded the ballast in it?

Comment

• trickskier
              MC Master Poster
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Canadianwake View Post
              Nice looking boat trickskier. Have you upgraded the ballast in it?
              Thank You! No, just the factory hard tanks.
              The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word

Comment

• jlane330
                TT Enthusiast
                • Aug 2016

I sure didn't mean to start a thread and then bail...didn't realize that thread subscriptions are not automatic here. Sorry about that.
                My current boat (I/O) is headed to it's new home this week, which means I'm ready (with cash) to buy the right boat. Thanks to everyone for posting up so far. I've been watching almost nationally and have seen a few come up for sale that are close to what I want.
                About the tower, I'm sure the swivel towers on the '05/06 are nice, and I'm not completely against them. For some reason I prefer the looks of the '04. No good reason otherwise.
                Anyway, still looking for the right X2.

Comment

• MI_Corey
                  MC Devotee
                  • May 2013

Do you not like the '07 and up towers or is that more of a price range issue? We have thought about selling ours in the spring but we are not sure yet. I will be heavily detailing it and fixing as many little cosmetic issues as possible over the winter to get it ready in case we do. Mine misses a lot of your requirement as well since it has the RTP engine, single axle trailer, and is black/white.

Comment

• bandit628
                    TT Enthusiast
                    • Jan 2016

I just put my 2000 star up for sale. Check out the boat sale forum. If your serious I would be willing to come down on the price some.

Comment

• Stoph68
                      TT Enthusiast
                      • Feb 2016

I wouldn't get too stuck on a tandem axle trailer... They ride a bit smoother over rough roads but that is about the only advantage.. Tire wear is much higher. Much more difficult to push the hitch around after parking it. I have had my tandem axle for a long time and it would not be a deal breaker but if I ordered a new boat it would be a single axle.

Comment

• Gord
                        TT Regular
                        • Mar 2015

Iv got a completely re built 1999 xstar 205 v
                        330 hp fresh professionally rebuilt motor and tranny (as well as steering throttle shift cables, blower, fuel lines, fuel pump , i replaced everything once the engine is out
                        iv got about 3 hours on it so far and it runs phenomenally, the interior has some basic issues like most pre 2000 boats but over all its in great shape,
                        im located in ontario,
                        let me know what you think

Comment

• dvsone79
                          MC Devotee
                          • Jul 2012

I can appreciate the tower preference. I have the '03/'04 factory X2 tower on my '99 205v and even though it doesn't have swivel board racks I think that tower is the best looking for that hull.

Comment

• MI_Corey
                            MC Devotee
                            • May 2013

Originally posted by dvsone79 View Post
                            I can appreciate the tower preference. I have the '03/'04 factory X2 tower on my '99 205v and even though it doesn't have swivel board racks I think that tower is the best looking for that hull.
                            I do agree with this.

Comment

• jlane330
                              TT Enthusiast
                              • Aug 2016

Originally posted by MI_Corey View Post
                              Do you not like the '07 and up towers or is that more of a price range issue? We have thought about selling ours in the spring but we are not sure yet. I will be heavily detailing it and fixing as many little cosmetic issues as possible over the winter to get it ready in case we do. Mine misses a lot of your requirement as well since it has the RTP engine, single axle trailer, and is black/white.
                              Honestly, I'm not a fan of those later towers, amd price is always an issue. Overall I prefer the '04 boats styling. I live several hours from the lake, so I can't justify spending big money on a boat.

Originally posted by bandit628 View Post
                              I just put my 2000 star up for sale. Check out the boat sale forum. If your serious I would be willing to come down on the price some.
                              Nice looking boat. I came across your ad on CL recently I believe. Your boat is clean. I much prefer the newer towers and three piece rear deck though. Thanks for the heads up and GLWS.

Originally posted by Stoph68 View Post
                              I wouldn't get too stuck on a tandem axle trailer... They ride a bit smoother over rough roads but that is about the only advantage.. Tire wear is much higher. Much more difficult to push the hitch around after parking it. I have had my tandem axle for a long time and it would not be a deal breaker but if I ordered a new boat it would be a single axle.
                              For me, the tandem axle is pretty important for several reasons. I tow for hours each way, so besides the better towing manners, I also believe its safer on the road. It's easy to limp a tandem down the road if axle problems (or tires) come up. I also camp on a sandy beach, and the tandem floats better thru the thick sand. I know these concerns don't apply to most here, but having owned both tandem and single axle trailers, tandem are much better for me. If I buy a boat with a single axle, I'll either convert it to tandem or replace the entire trailer. I've never had an issue with tire wear on any of my trailers, we have straight freeways around here :-)

Thanks for all the input guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X