Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtb: 2001-05 X-10

Hi,

I'm looking for a family boat that can handle intermediate fun. Budget is $25-$30K for the right boat. From what I understand, I'm looking for X1, X2 or X10, with Maristar 210 a possibility. We ski a little, wakeboard a little more and like to surf, but only go out 8-10 times a year. If anyone has a line on something in the Mid-West, please let me know.

Thank you!

-Mike

here you go. in your price range

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2001-MA...sas-84745.aspx

Comment

205V hull sounds like a good fit for sure
      -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
      https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
        205V hull sounds like a good fit for sure
        I would agree.

Although I may be biased.

Comment

TTU,

Thank you! I've talked to that seller and want to buy this boat, but it's 14.5 hours away. In addition, he said that the trailer had an issue and he's replacing the hubs himself. I'm still interested, but have some concerns:

>I'd be driving a long way to buy a boat, sight-unseen. The owner doesn't live on the water and I wouldn't be able to water test. My solution is to ask him to meet me a couple hours closer to me for a water test. That would also alleviate some concerns about the trailer. Does this sound like a reasonable request on my part?

>Does anyone have advice on a water test? I'm not mechanically inclined, but would check for hull damage, condition of belts and look for leaks/fluid stains. I would start, drive forward and reverse, check steering/rudder and functionality of bilge, blower and ballast. Am I missing anything obvious?

>For the transaction, I'd give him a certified/cashier's check and take the boat. He'll send title once the check clears. I'll draft a bill of sale with date, transaction amount, buyer/seller and transom/engine serial number. Is this sufficient or should I consider another method?

Thanks in advance. I've been a lurker here for a while and appreciate the feedback!

-Mike

Comment

MC25, lakedrum03,

I agree with you and would like to know more about that model. Off hand, can you tell me what years it was produced? What were engine options and do you know of anything I should stay away from?

Thank you!

-Mike

Comment

Working...
            X