Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 ProStar 197

Sorry no pictures yet.
    2003 Prostar 197 ~1000 hrs. Brand new Viper Customs Interior. Needs Exterior detail
    What is this boat worth assuming standards options. Trailer is missing fender.

Thanks
    Jordan

Comment

Can't wait for WL to chime in on this. He will know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajsmithps205 View Post
        Sorry no pictures yet.
        2003 Prostar 197 ~1000 hrs. Brand new Viper Customs Interior. Needs Exterior detail
        What is this boat worth assuming standards options. Trailer is missing fender.

Thanks
        Jordan
        What engine?

2003 got a bad rap on upholstery and I see where you let Carl B. rework the upholstery. Mostly a sunken cost to you although a good selling feature.

Fender missing...what the heck? What did you do with it? LOL...

Photos sell...you need a few more but never mind that now.

350 standard engine (?) ...not the LQ9 screamer.

Banged up trailer, and just a guess...needs exterior detail means oxidation, scratches, and/or gouges / dock rash. No tower (not that I am a fan of towers).

Is the Seadek in good shape? ...or so the floor cover appears to be Seadek.

Hard to tell from your lack of input and limited photos.

Top dollar for a nice machine with the LQ9 and ~500 hours, tower and good reviews all around is the comparison coming in at ~US$34,000. From your input yours does not meet this criteria (not saying that is good or bad...just saying). More detail with photos please.

My fair market indicator software says US$24-27K tops. I could be wrong but I think this is a reasonable benchmark.

Best on the sale Jordan.

US $0.02

93 190

Comment

Thank you for the input ML,

Its not my boat I am considering buying it. Sorry about the lack of details I simply do not have the information. Went and looked at the boat again yesterday and I should correct the assumption it needs an exterior detail, it does not . It is good to go. Very minor nicks and scratches. Does have Power Slot, at least a power slot sticker in the windshield. Flooring is Cheap Amazon special.

Do not know the type of motor yet hopefully find out today.
          Your local ML? I’m in Seymour. I bought a 98 ProStar last year as a first boat and I’m hooked on MC now.

Thanks
          Jordan

Comment

Here is the boat I would need to sell to get it. 1998 ProStar 205 5.7L 1:1 transmission. 934 hours. What should I ask for this?

Comment

Thank you for the input ML,

Its not my boat I am considering buying it. Sorry about the lack of details I simply do not have the information. Went and looked at the boat again yesterday and I should correct the assumption it needs an exterior detail, it does not . It is good to go. Very minor nicks and scratches. Does have Power Slot, at least a power slot sticker in the windshield. Flooring is Cheap Amazon special.

Do not know the type of motor yet hopefully find out today.
              Your local ML? I’m in Seymour. I bought a 98 ProStar last year as a first boat and I’m hooked on MC now.

Thanks
              Jordan
              local...yes
              waterlogged882
              MC Master Poster
              Last edited by waterlogged882; 12-29-2021, 01:42 PM.
              93 190

Comment

Here is the boat I would need to sell to get it. 1998 ProStar 205 5.7L 1:1 transmission. 934 hours. What should I ask for this?
                Nice looking 205. I'd be hard pressed to give it up for the 197 dunking machine. Especially if your getting another 350 engine. Unless you're dead set on the 197, think long and hard on the swap. The 197 is attractive and all but your 205 is really sharp and is a nicer hull design for people-friendliness.

US $19K - 21K for the 205. Start at asking $23K and see what kind of bites you get. That is a clean boat you have there.

A friend of mine paid 23K for a pristine (260 hours) 97 205 last year. That is top dollar but the boat also is top notch (LT-1 engine) condition. He took an Aerial tower off of it and that is for sale. It's sitting in his garage with 2 8" Kicker tower speakers attached and a new (never installed) matching bimini top.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	tower01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	2696534
                waterlogged882
                MC Master Poster
                Last edited by waterlogged882; 12-29-2021, 01:41 PM.
                93 190

Comment

I would be hard pressed to let the 205 go, especially since you know what you have v. the 197 that sounds like it still needs TLC. Beware of the amazon faux floor, too
                  Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

Thanks for the input I’m slowly backing off the ledge. The 197 looks really good but not as practical. I’ll just continue making my 205 better.

Comment

Working...
                    X