2018 xt22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 xt22

Curious what others think my boat is worth and is consider making a move to a new one. 2018 XT 22 with 200 hours. Boat is loaded: Cool Feel, underwater lights, heater, heated seats, etc. Boat is in excellent condition as any dock marks have been repaired at the end year. Boat is always on my covered lift, stored inside during the winter and dealer serviced. Located in the Midwest.

Looking to sell out right.

Tough time of the year to sell. Prices are always lower in the late Fall and Winter vs. Spring and Summer. I would hope you could wait it out to get a better price. You could list it now, but better prices and buyers in the late Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by robadele View Post
      Tough time of the year to sell. Prices are always lower in the late Fall and Winter vs. Spring and Summer. I would hope you could wait it out to get a better price. You could list it now, but better prices and buyers in the late Spring.
      That would be the plan. Boat is in storage for the Winter. Just looking towards this Spring or trading in a year from now.

Comment

Only inboards has some from 115 -130K
        2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
          Only inboards has some from 115 -130K
          That's right in line with what I have been seeing as well. Was thinking of listing at 119k and see what happens.

Comment

I think that is on the high side, but you can't ask for more. What motor?
            Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
              I think that is on the high side, but you can't ask for more. What motor?
              Where do you think it should be? Standard motor. 5000 or 5500. Don't recall.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorth17 View Post

Where do you think it should be? Standard motor. 5000 or 5500. Don't recall.
                I know prices have increased, but I sold my 2018 in 2020 loaded with the 5500 GDI for $109K iirc. (With pathetically low hours, most of the reason I sold, coupled with the beginning of the covid surge) The motor was a significant upgrade. And that had 3 years left on the warranty. I think prices are dropping in all of the covid-inflated makets including housing, boats, vehicles, and almost everything. And while I don't pay attention as much as I used to, I've got some of the same emails from MC as everyone else here advertising the blowout deals on remaining 2022 inventory. Last year at this time you couldn't get a 2022 build slot. When the used boat market dries up, it isn't even the price, it is whether there is even a market. In 2012 I needed to sell my '09 X14. (to move on with some other life endeavors) There were so few buyers. Granted if I had it today it's become the unicorn that would sell for the same today as then, a decade later) It wasn't my price that drove the sale, it was even finding a buyer. If I lowered the price 10% then, I wouldn't have sold it any quicker. Seems and sounds unheard of today, but that was my experience then. And I do think that MC maintains the new boat sales, especially with the level of wealth of their typical buyer today. But I don't see the used market staying nearly as strong. The next question is why are you selling? To upgrade, or to get out of boating at this time? That would help me set my price. If I were upgrading, I'd hold more firm on a price and keep my current boat if it didn't pan out. If I were getting out of the boat, I'd be wary of keeping it too long. JMO, and not meant to be negative. GLWS

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post

I know prices have increased, but I sold my 2018 in 2020 loaded with the 5500 GDI for $109K iirc. (With pathetically low hours, most of the reason I sold, coupled with the beginning of the covid surge) The motor was a significant upgrade. And that had 3 years left on the warranty. I think prices are dropping in all of the covid-inflated makets including housing, boats, vehicles, and almost everything. And while I don't pay attention as much as I used to, I've got some of the same emails from MC as everyone else here advertising the blowout deals on remaining 2022 inventory. Last year at this time you couldn't get a 2022 build slot. When the used boat market dries up, it isn't even the price, it is whether there is even a market. In 2012 I needed to sell my '09 X14. (to move on with some other life endeavors) There were so few buyers. Granted if I had it today it's become the unicorn that would sell for the same today as then, a decade later) It wasn't my price that drove the sale, it was even finding a buyer. If I lowered the price 10% then, I wouldn't have sold it any quicker. Seems and sounds unheard of today, but that was my experience then. And I do think that MC maintains the new boat sales, especially with the level of wealth of their typical buyer today. But I don't see the used market staying nearly as strong. The next question is why are you selling? To upgrade, or to get out of boating at this time? That would help me set my price. If I were upgrading, I'd hold more firm on a price and keep my current boat if it didn't pan out. If I were getting out of the boat, I'd be wary of keeping it too long. JMO, and not meant to be negative. GLWS
                  While I understand your points, new boat prices have also gone up 18-20% since you sold your boat in 2020. For the buyer that doesn't want to pay close to 200k for a new boat, 110-115k is a nice alternative. I'm not getting out of boating, just exploring the idea of upgrading so I'm not in rush.

As for the mastercraft incentives you have been seeing via email.....it was 6k on X series boat and less on other models. Not nearly as big of a deal as the ad says.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorth17 View Post

While I understand your points, new boat prices have also gone up 18-20% since you sold your boat in 2020. For the buyer that doesn't want to pay close to 200k for a new boat, 110-115k is a nice alternative. I'm not getting out of boating, just exploring the idea of upgrading so I'm not in rush.

As for the mastercraft incentives you have been seeing via email.....it was 6k on X series boat and less on other models. Not nearly as big of a deal as the ad says.
                    Until the past few years, used boat (or vehicle) prices didn't increase even though new boat prices increased. Meaning a 2010 boat (for the sake of argument) was never worth more in 2012, 2013, 2014 etc. than it was in 2011. So while I know my 2018 is probably worth more today than in 2020, I don't think it'd fetch nearly $130K. Also, $110 - $115 is (to me) a different range than $115 - $130. Wasn't looking to argue, it was just my thoughts. The market in the past few years has been insane. I've watched 2006 - 2007 boats sell for more in 2020 - 2022 than they sold for in 2008-2009. I do worry that the boat market could repeat what happened in that 2008 - 2009/ 2010 period. And I'm glad you are in the position you are in. I've never owned a boat I needed to sell. And just once I had one I wanted to sell to free up cash to build a new house, and in hindsight it's the one boat I wish I kept. But that was a decade ago. Didn't need to sell the 2018 in 2020, but if I'd have kept it, it'd be the lowest hour 2018 on the planet. Had less than 20 hours when I sold it and would have less than 50 today - I just haven't had time for boating the past few years.

As far as the incentives, that is the point - there are now incentives. For a couple of years dealers couldn't get build slots for pre-sold boats, nevermind factory incentives. The market is easing.

Comment

Working...
                    X