Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 prostar 195 worth 16k?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2000 prostar 195 worth 16k?

    This would be my first venture into the boating world. Would mostly be used as family boat with a little wake boarding a little tubing a little bare footing a little cruising. Would this be a decent choice at a decent price?


    http://fayar.en.craigslist.org/boa/4363993095.html


    Thanks for the help!

    Other boat I am considering is a 2001 moomba mobius for 1500 less and 200 less hours but no perfect pass.

  • #2
    Careful on that... that's a 205 and the listing for 16 a bit low for the year. Get a good inspections ask for hull ID and if title is in hand.
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

    Comment


    • #3
      It is a 195. Seams a little low priced to me. Check mine out if you want a well cared for version. A year newer and less hours.

      Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
      ______________________________

      You look like I need a beer!
      2001 Prostar 195 Sold
      2011 Ski Nautique 200 Current
      2007 X45 LY6 Current

      Comment


      • #4
        How can that be a 205 with that front seat configuration?
        NEW BOAT:2004 197TT

        PREVIOUS BOAT:1993 Prostar 205

        Comment


        • #5
          Agree Hammer's is much cleaner. So plus tower, minus condition it looks to be in line.

          Looks like a good layer of lake scum on the bottom and looking at the marina pics it may have sat in the water all summer. Be sure to inspect the bottom for blisters and take into account a lot of cleaning. Be aware that if the vinyl has started cracking or separating it will need to be replaced. The entire industry had vinyl supplier issues around that time. Patching areas will only buy time until the next issue pops up. I'd say if it looks in good shape under the dirt and checks out mechanically offer 14 and settle in the middle somewhere.

          Or check Hammer's out and pay a little more for some peace of mind on maintenance and not having to spend hours cleaning. Although cleaning and inspecting is a great way to get to know your boat.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by murphysteve View Post
            This would be my first venture into the boating world. Would mostly be used as family boat with a little wake boarding a little tubing a little bare footing a little cruising. Would this be a decent choice at a decent price?


            http://fayar.en.craigslist.org/boa/4363993095.html


            Thanks for the help!

            Other boat I am considering is a 2001 moomba mobius for 1500 less and 200 less hours but no perfect pass.
            That particular boat would not be my first choice, regardless of the price. Just not enough TLC for me. Docked in a slip is not my preference.

            Here's a 195 that will serve you well and a fair price. ==> http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58998

            Hammer time.

            .
            93 190
            (safe click)
            John 14:6
            (safe click)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cloaked View Post
              That particular boat would not be my first choice, regardless of the price. Just not enough TLC for me. Docked in a slip is not my preference.

              Here's a 195 that will serve you well and a fair price. ==> http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58998

              Hammer time.

              .
              Just because it's docked in a slip, doesn't mean it doesn't get tlc. Look at my boat. You can't put more love into my boat. Sits in the water all summer.

              Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
              1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

              Comment


              • #8
                It is only in a slip in one picture out of seven and the rest are in a garage. If I was in the market, I would take a look at it. The pics don't show me any problems other than something with the carpet in this one:

                My monitor isn't the best, so who knows?
                '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                  Careful on that... that's a 205 and the listing for 16 a bit low for the year. Get a good inspections ask for hull ID and if title is in hand.

                  I stand correct sorry - it is a 195 - says right there on the seat - doh! still priced a bit low...
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for responses. Going to check it out tonight. Hammerheads 195 looks extremely clean but 20 minutes away vs 20 hours away keeps me from looking at his. Seller seems for real and is willing to take it to lake with me this week if I am serious.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That boat has been for sale for a while. Come in low.
                      '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by murphysteve View Post
                        Thanks for responses. Going to check it out tonight. Hammerheads 195 looks extremely clean but 20 minutes away vs 20 hours away keeps me from looking at his. Seller seems for real and is willing to take it to lake with me this week if I am serious.
                        I just drove 1000 miles each way for our new boat. Actually more, 14 hours down, 17 back because of were we stayed and had to go pick up the boat the next day share the drive.

                        Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                        ______________________________

                        You look like I need a beer!
                        2001 Prostar 195 Sold
                        2011 Ski Nautique 200 Current
                        2007 X45 LY6 Current

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          A thousand each way... how easy is that? I drove 2100 miles EACH way for mine... and I did it in 5 days... left on Wednesday and got home Sunday late afternoon....and I stayed there one night....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm getting ready to drive 300 miles for mine, so I guess I should stop whining...

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X