No announcement yet.

Please help me price my boat reasonably

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've made the album public. I'm not sure why it's not showing up. Help?

Comment

Originally posted by '82S&Sgal View Post
      Boat was painted by a body shop from the original owner. From a purist point of view, the boat has been altered from the weathered, faded, worn out look. From a real person, the boat looks shiny and water reflective. Hope both get the picture.
      Not to be a smart a$$ but for the real person, one would have sanded and buffed out the original gel coat for the purist result..... get the picture?

Back to your original question... $2,800.............
      93 190
      John 14:6
      2 Peter 1:3–8
      Matthew 6:1-4
      Romans 10:9

Comment

The boat drives awesomely! It pulls me out of the hole on a slalom in a heartbeat!

Comment

Sure, Cloaked. I understand your response. I can only say that I know that a person from a body shop painted the boat. I bought it that way. I can only assume that they primed and painted the boat in a most loved way. I was most impressed and it's still looking as good today as when I bought it 4 years ago. Someone will enjoy this boat.

Comment

Not to be a smart a$$ but for the real person, one would have sanded and buffed out the original gel coat for the purist result..... get the picture?

Back to your original question... $2,800.............

I'd burn the boat before I'd accept that for it.... Really?

Comment

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
              Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
              boat looks awesome... if drive train good - could fetch $7500 this time of year...

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen, for your responses. I will consider this in my final price.

Comment

That flake sure doesn't look painted to me...

OP, you're going to get some far flung estimates on value until you have someone determine what was done to that hull...Paint (no bueno), new gelcoat (maybe good), or just a simple wetsand/buff job (probably best.)

Good luck with your sale.

Comment

Originally posted by soacj View Post
                    That flake sure doesn't look painted to me...

OP, you're going to get some far flung estimates on value until you have someone determine what was done to that hull...Paint (no bueno), new gelcoat (maybe good), or just a simple wetsand/buff job (probably best.)

Good luck with your sale.
                    I agree with soacj......pics look great.
                    If that's indeed gelcoat and not paint, very desirable. $5-$6K or more.
                    Get a marine survey done first so that you know what to price it at and the next buyer can see that survey which should show everything they need to know. A surveyor can tell you if it has been painted or re-gelcoated.
                    I was njskier on here.

Comment

I agree with soacj......pics look great.
                      If that's indeed gelcoat and not paint, very desirable. $5-$6K or more.
                      Get a marine survey done first so that you know what to price it at and the next buyer can see that survey which should show everything they need to know. A surveyor can tell you if it has been painted or re-gelcoated.

Where does one get a "marine survey?"

Comment

Boat looks great in the pics, and like others have said, doesn't look like paint. The flake looks awesome.

Comment

Thanks, Scott and all, it looks great! I've put in a message to the last owner. I'm hoping he will respond. So I'm guessing gel coating makes a difference? Mastercraft excellence means a lot to me and I will disclose all processes to represent a true product.

Comment

I don't burn boats. LOL I want to sell it! That was a quick response to a ridiculous quote and reply. Really? #itsallgood

Comment

looks like gel to me!

Comment

Where does one get a "marine survey?"[/QUOTE]

Look up marine surveyors on the web or yellow pages
                                I was njskier on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X