2002 X-30 w/ bad engine worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 X-30 w/ bad engine worth?

I found an 02 x-30 that has a blown engine. What's it worth as is sits if it's in average condition? What can I expect to pay for a new engine? I'll be swapping it myself.
    Attached Files

there is on on sale here for $27k that doesn't have a blown engine so a new engine and your time what motor?

Comment

I'm not sure what motor? Waiting to hear back with more information. Didn't most of these have the Predator?
      Last edited by s2real; 09-23-2015, 12:48 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

looking at that one it needs some love too...

interior look like? why did it blow? froze? or water in it? if water in it is the transmission okay? did it fill up with water? if so then tran issues might be on the horizon as well..

more pics would help too... maybe a pic of the under side with the strut, prop etc... that can be telling as to what is all right/wrong with it....

the '03 listed here has the MCX in it

Comment

He claims new trans in '13. New alternator and fuel pump in '15. Still hoping to get more pictures too. It's a long way from me, but could be worth the drive.

Comment

Did I see somewhere that they had tower issues with this vintage, or am I mistaken?

Comment

Sounds like it's got a knock in the motor, no holes so that is good. 800 or so hours fresh water use. It's got the LTR.

Comment

Start with half of a cost of a running one and deduct from there off of condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like it has the zero flex tower like my 04'. I've heard of some people breaking welds and I know the 06' X-30 tower is certainly heftier. I wouldn't worry about the tower too much though. Enough of us have them and don't have issues.

Just did a quick search and it looks like you can get a new block for $2,950.
                  http://marineenginedepot.com/MP/Mari...0043&EID=16542

If it's just knocking I'd still want to test drive it to check the transmission out. The LTR is a solid motor and I'm not sure I'd spend the extra to replace the top end to make it an MCX or upgrade to an even bigger motor when you could just drop the block in, move over the good components and call it a day.

From the picture it looks like the rear platform might be missing as well.

Comment

Didn't notice the platform I just thought the mirror was blocking it. I'll ask. I'd probably get a short block as long as the heads are ok. I hear that most are happy with 330hp in these boats.

Comment

Certainly have him send you more pics if it's a long drive for you. Other questions I'd want to know is what it has for ballast. Not sure the exact year but right around the age of this boat they switched from aerator pumps to Jabsco reversible pumps. The reversible are more desirable. Does it have perfect pass?

Comment

Sounds like it may be a few days before he gets more pictures to me. Anyone near Austin, Tx willing to go take a look at it for me? It's a 17 hour drive for me and I don't want to get bitten.

Comment

He says teak platform is there, it has PP but it's been acting up this summer. Ballast included, but needs a switch. It's priced somewhat low, which makes me leery.

Comment

2002 X-30 w/ bad engine worth?

Originally posted by s2real View Post
                            He says teak platform is there, it has PP but it's been acting up this summer. Ballast included, but needs a switch. It's priced somewhat low, which makes me leery.

Pm me if you decide to walk out on it. I can maybe talk the wife into something like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guess I’m second in line if you decide to pass. Wouldn’t mind upgrading my Prostar for something with room inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X