• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atver300
    TT Regular
    • Jul 2016

2014 x30

Drove 7 hours round trip yesterday to look at a 2014 x30. It was in a little rougher shape than I expected, especially for 220 hours. Being sold as is, dealer isn't going to clean it or even remove the previous owners stuff that's in it. Biggest concern is some of the interior seems to show abnormal wear for such a new boat. What do y'all think its worth. Couldn't get pictures to downsize enough to post so i put them in a Google album.
  • snork
    MC Maniac
    • Jul 2007

With so many X30 available to purchase I'd have to pass on this POS

Comment

• ttu
      MC Addict
      • Jun 2005

snork, not trying to be rude but where do you see that many x30's avail with Gen 2. I think maybe there are 15-20 avail country wide that I have seen,

Comment

• osmonet
        TT Regular
        • Mar 2015

How many hours?

Comment

• Atver300
          TT Regular
          • Jul 2016

Originally posted by osmonet View Post
          How many hours?
          220 hours

Comment

• clrussell
            MC Addict
            • Jul 2012

I don’t see a problem with that boat as long as the money is right. Looks like a perfect way to distract from the winter

Comment

• Skyskiguy
              MC Devotee
              • May 2012

Previous owner clearly lacked MCOCD. Most of what I can see could be resolved with some elbow grease and TLC for a do-it-yourself kind of buyer. Upholstery seams do show some unusual wear - boat must have seen a lot more than 220 hours outdoors. If anything scares me it’s the upholstery seams. As long as it’s mechanically sound and if the price is right it could be doable. Did you drive it?

Comment

• Atver300
                TT Regular
                • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Skyskiguy View Post
                Previous owner clearly lacked MCOCD. Most of what I can see could be resolved with some elbow grease and TLC for a do-it-yourself kind of buyer. Upholstery seams do show some unusual wear - boat must have seen a lot more than 220 hours outdoors. If anything scares me it’s the upholstery seams. As long as it’s mechanically sound and if the price is right it could be doable. Did you drive it?
                I did not test drive it. Dealer supposedly did and tested all the systems. They gave me all the service records and even had compression test results on the engine.

Comment

• CantRepeat
                  • Jul 2008

$74k and will need a lot of work, IMHO.
                  -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Ken
                    TT Regular
                    • Aug 2004

The seats would probably last a good while, teak could be brought back to look good, but that faded flake could be a tough fix $.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• osmonet
                      TT Regular
                      • Mar 2015

The one in park city seems like much better condition for same price. Color is always in the eye of beholder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Stay_Deep
                        TT Regular
                        • Jul 2016

Assuming it checked out mechanically, for me it would all come down to the price.

Pros: Awesome color combo in my opinion. Great motor upgrade
                        Cons: Interior repairs ($1,500), flake probably needs repaint ($1,000-$3,000), complete tune up, replace peeling sea deck, etc. (another $1,000-$3,000) depending on all you decide to do.

This boat could easily look like new again and provide years of fun, but it won't be free. The price must reflect the needed work.

Comment

• maniacmikes
                          MC Devotee
                          • May 2014

In a normal year I would say that is about a $60k boat. I sold my 2014 before the inflated market and I got $70k for it, it was in much better shape with more options (but it had 800+ hours).

Right now, I think there are better options for the price range: local to me there is one

The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

• JohnE
                            Super Moderator
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by maniacmikes View Post
                            In a normal year I would say that is about a $60k boat. I sold my 2014 before the inflated market and I got $70k for it, it was in much better shape with more options (but it had 800+ hours).

Right now, I think there are better options for the price range: local to me there is one

https://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/d...220672368.html
                            I'd wait it out before I'd pay much more than 60K for that boat.
                            Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• mustangtexas
                              MC Fanatic
                              • Sep 2012

Is this too far for you? https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=106834

Comment

Working...
                              X