2006 Xstar. Anything to look out for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Xstar. Anything to look out for?

My buddy is looking at this boat. His teenage sons are wanting a wakeboard boat and I’m trying to help him join the MasterCraft family. It looks like it has some interior issues. Any comments, items to look out for?

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2006-Ma...io-116903.aspx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Previous boat: '83 19' Skier (S&S)
    Current boat: 02 X-9
    Next boat: ?

Has the right motor! Seems like it has sat in the lake so make sure there is no gel bubbles at the waterline. Maintenance done like oil changes and tranny fluid and impeller. See if waterpump replaced.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    New 2017 NXT20 (surf package)
    Ilmor 320 hp

Repurchased May 2019 (1 year sold)
    MC ProStar190
    Monster Tower
    LTR 330 hp

Comment

Are those pics current? Interior looks nice in the pics, but almost every 15 year old interior is on borrowed time. That is the early '06 tower, iirc. (There are plenty of threads on that, I've posted in some) It's not as strong as the later '06 tower, usually referred to as an '05 tower, but if it's in good shape and not cracked anywhere now, it should be ok.
      Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Interior is on borrowed time, so don't be surprised if you need to do some repairs or replacements now or in the near future. All the mastercrafts of the 2000's used the medallion gauge system which is expensive to fix or replace. Be careful of any gauge problem. Check out the trailer carefully. Look at the date code on the tires, see if the surge brake mechanism is the 'Reliable' brand which tends to have problems. Check the brakes, look at the fenders.

Comment

Thanks for the input so far. Good stuff to think about. I appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Previous boat: '83 19' Skier (S&S)
          Current boat: 02 X-9
          Next boat: ?

Comment

Seems expensive, but this crazy market makes it hard to know prices.

Comment

I've seen that boat on Berlin on numerous occasions. Looks great on the water.
              2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
              "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
              Taxation = Theft

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
                My old 2006 X30 resold again in 2019 for this price. It did have GoSurf assist upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
                  I feel like it's expensive even for this market. But who knows. A 2000 X30 with a trashed interior recently sold in my area in the neighborhood of $29k-$30k (seller was asking $30k; I talked with him but he wouldn't budge on price).

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                    Are those pics current? Interior looks nice in the pics, but almost every 15 year old interior is on borrowed time. That is the early '06 tower, iirc. (There are plenty of threads on that, I've posted in some) It's not as strong as the later '06 tower, usually referred to as an '05 tower, but if it's in good shape and not cracked anywhere now, it should be ok.
                    Do you mean interior is on borrowed time or the boat in general?

Comment

Working...
                    X